Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

lilmamalo
Membro

How do you delete a contact cvs import?

resolver

I uploaded a excel spread sheet of my contacts that I saved in cvs file type. I made changes to the excel spread sheet and want to upload the new one in place of the old one. How can I delete the already existing contacts and start over?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
tms0003
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @lilmamalo,

You can go about this in one of 2 ways:

1.) Go up to the Contacts tab and click "Lists." Click into the list that you want to delete. Then, at the top of the list, click on the "select all" box. Once the contacts have been selected, you can click on the trash can icon to delete them. Then, you can simply upload the corrected list.

2.)Choose to import a new list. Go through the steps as you normally would and allow the updated list to upload. When the contacts are uploaded, they will merge with the existing contacts. Any changes that you have made in the new list will be reflected in the updated contact. This will only work if the email addresses in the new list match the email addresses in the old list; if they do not match, HubSpot will create a duplicate contact for each.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
ashley_milne
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Do you have multiple contact imports like this to perform, or is this just a one-time import?

0 Avaliação positiva
tms0003
Solução

resolver

Hi @lilmamalo,

You can go about this in one of 2 ways:

1.) Go up to the Contacts tab and click "Lists." Click into the list that you want to delete. Then, at the top of the list, click on the "select all" box. Once the contacts have been selected, you can click on the trash can icon to delete them. Then, you can simply upload the corrected list.

2.)Choose to import a new list. Go through the steps as you normally would and allow the updated list to upload. When the contacts are uploaded, they will merge with the existing contacts. Any changes that you have made in the new list will be reflected in the updated contact. This will only work if the email addresses in the new list match the email addresses in the old list; if they do not match, HubSpot will create a duplicate contact for each.

agxfreight
Membro

resolver

I went to the Contacts tab and there isn't a "Lists" option? I currently show 4 attempted Imports of one of my CSV lists. 2 of them ewre processed successfully. The original had 53 contacts in it. The successful imports (2) only had 52 in them?  I then Imported a larger CSV list and it procedded it twice. Once with 314 in it and the other with 315.  The original has 315.

How do I delete the duplicates?

0 Avaliação positiva