Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

How do I get back to the old list view?

Top Contributor

Hubspot forced me over to the new list view (which I vastly dislike) and I can't find a way back to the old view. Any suggestions.

Also - Hubspot: If you are going to force us onto the new view, please make folders more accessible. Not having a page tree of folders on the left makes it wretchedly annoying to use folders. And I have spent a lot of time categorizing our lists (since we have a large number).

0 Upvotes
12 Replies
Community Thought Leader

TOTALLY ANNOYING.

Should (with emphasis) be a funky little double-arrow button hovering where the help button normally sits in the bottom right corner of the Lists screen.

(see image)

hubspot-smart-lists-switch-back-to-old-view.png

Hope that helps.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

That was there before (I used that when I tried the new list view a couple of weeks ago) but it's not longer showing for me when I try to go back to the old list view.

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

UGGG.

Really hope that's not an indication that the 'try' has become a 'step into my web' one-way trial. That would $u(k. Personally, HATE the new list view. ok ... maybe hate is a stong word. [he thinks] Nope. Hate is the right word. lol

Maybe try from a different browser. Just remember that HubSpot may log you out of your main browser session when you login to the same account via another browser.

Really interested in knowing if this change is now one-way. (head shaking)

Thanks for your feedback @mpike.

HubSpot Smart Pages

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MFrankJohnson and @mpike,

Thank you both for your thoughts and feedback!

I want to share this feedback with the product team. Before doing so, to confirm: 

The productivity blocker is that the new lists UI does not include a folders option. The value of these folders was the organization they provided you with. Please let me know if I am missing anything here. If you can ellaborate on what your end goal is, what value this functionality provided, and any use cases, that will ensure I can share the necessary information with the team. 

Thanks again for your feedback! 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Happy to clarify!

The new list view does contain folders, but it makes those folders hard to access. The old view had a view where you saw the lists right in front of you, but there was a folder page tree on the left. This easily let you jump between your folders and lists.

My issue with the new view is that it takes too many more steps to access the folders and jump between them (I have this same complaint with most of the other modules that have folders available).

2 things that would make me like this more and increase the functionality for folks who use folders like me:

1) Add the old folder menu on the left hand side of the view

2) if you are going to keep the new view with folders in a separate tab, it would be useful that if you clicked on a folder, it expanded to show you the lists within that folder - rather than having it navigate right away to inside that folder (making it hard to switch quickly and efficiently between folders and lists).

My two cents. 

Miriam

Occasional Contributor

I have been working with Amy from Hubspot and she suggested I post something on the idea forum about this.  Since I found you already posted the issue, I am just chiming in on how a giant step backwards the new format is. Their development team says it is just a look and feel change because the functionality is still there.  I say phooey.  Three steps to do what was one step and with less visible data than before is not just a look and feel change.

Community Thought Leader

>>"The productivity blocker is that the new lists UI does not include a folders option. "

No. That's not it @jennysowyrda ... as best I can remember the new lists view includes the same 1-level deep folder option that Marketing email uses (basically useless in a lists context).

(see image)

hubspot-smart-lists-old-view.png

I'm sure @mpike will chime in here with a screenshot of the new view (since she's now 'trapped in that matrix'). Hope this helps.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

HubSpot Smart Pages

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Thanks for the screen shot of the old list view @MFrankJohnson

Here is a screenshot of the new list view on the folders tab (you can see that I have to navigate to that tab to even access the folders. The more clicks I have to take to get to something, the more annoyed I get - and although it only minutely decreases my productivity - that compounds over time. And I'm in the lists module most of my day).

Folder view -new.JPG

Community Thought Leader

Melting.gif

AAAHHHHHH ... I'm MELTING. Please ... take it away. haha

Hey, sometimes if i don't laugh i'd cry. Smiley Wink

HubSpot Smart Pages

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I Agree Old view is better.

Also new view doesnt let you remove contacts from within static lists!!!

Not Happy

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @DaleParr,

The issue of not being able to remove contacts from static lists is a known issue that the team is currently investigating. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @DaleParr,

Just an update that this issue has been resolved, so you should see the functionality of removing contacts from a static list now.

0 Upvotes