How do I exclude a contact from an active list?
05-08-2018 05:09 - edited 05-08-2018 05:10
While it is not possible to manually remove a contact from an active list, you can use the following workarounds to use list logic to exclude the contact(s) from the list criteria.
1. Create a custom contact property and change the list criteria to exclude that property:
- Create a custom contact property.
- Give the contact(s) a value for the custom property.
- Add the following criteria to your active list: Contact Property | name of custom property | is unknown.
- Any contacts with a value for the custom property will be removed from the active list.
2. Exclude specific contacts based on email address:
Edit your active list and add the following criteria as an AND condition: Contact Property | Email | is not equal to | email address of contact you want to exclude from the list.
If there are multiple contacts you'd like to exclude from your active list:
- Create a .csv file in Excel including the email addresses of the contacts to be removed from your smart list.
- Import the list into HubSpot.
- Add the following criteria as an AND condition to your active list: List Membership | Contact | is not a member of | name of your imported list.