Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

davidhood
Participant

How do I de-duplicate using the FREE version of Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi - for now, I only have the free version of Hubspot to test till the end of the year, before committing. I would like to pull in three lists of my personal business contacts, and need to ensure no duplication, so not to annoy my contacts with multiple messages!

Is it simply a question of uploading the lists, and merging them, with the primary list taking precedence? (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-merge-contacts)

Im not keen on paying for hubspot yet till I have worked out that it does what I need it to do - thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @davidhood,

Are you referring to contacts that appear in all three lists under the same email address?

In that case, you won't need to take any action. HubSpot will ony create one contact record for the same email address, even if a contact appears in three imports / lists. The contact would show up in all three lists but exists only once. This contact would also only receive a marketing email once if a single marketing email is sent to all three lists.

A contact would only receive the marketing email twice/thrice if

- this contact appears in each list under a different email address

- you send a separate marketing email to each list

Let me know if this answers your query!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @davidhood,

Are you referring to contacts that appear in all three lists under the same email address?

In that case, you won't need to take any action. HubSpot will ony create one contact record for the same email address, even if a contact appears in three imports / lists. The contact would show up in all three lists but exists only once. This contact would also only receive a marketing email once if a single marketing email is sent to all three lists.

A contact would only receive the marketing email twice/thrice if

- this contact appears in each list under a different email address

- you send a separate marketing email to each list

Let me know if this answers your query!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

davidhood
Participant

SOLVE

Yes - thanks; my concern that even though I may upload three lists, anyone duplicated would be in those separate lists, and I hoped that would not mean multiple entry / contact records for the same person; and yes, good that hubspot will only ping out a single email to a contact, even though multiple lists and chosen for a mail-out.

Many thanks for your help!