Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

HanMan
Membro

How can I reenroll contacts in my workflow?

resolver

Anyone have any ideas on how to make a workflow keep repeating?

I have a simple internal reminder workflow that I want to use for our BD team to keep reminding them when/once they've gone x-months without speaking with a particular contact.  I thought I could use a static list or contact property that defines how often these internal emails should go out; but once the workflow has ended it won't automatically repeat.

I also tried doing alternate workflows/lists to send a contact once completed the workflow to the other list/workflow and keep having this back and forth.  This worked for a few iterations/cycles; but then stopped.

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

1 Solução aceita
HanMan
Solução
Membro

resolver

Roisin,

It seems that the issue lies with the following:

4. Contacts cannot be enrolled in a workflow more than once at a time, so if a contact is already active in a workflow when they meet the reenrollment criteria, they will not be reenrolled again.

And there is some timing thing with HubSpot that loops are not always "on time" so I can get the process to work for several iterations but if/when there is an intermittent delay then the contact doesn't re-enroll.

I've made a modified workflow that uses the Last Contacted HubSpot contact property to do a rolling date for when its been x+ days long.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @HanMan when you say 'keep repeating' do you mean you want contacts to be perpetually re-enrolled in a workflow?

0 Avaliação positiva
HanMan
Membro

resolver

Yes exactly.  So I enabled re-enrollment and I kept them on/in the same list that is used to start the workflow.  But some timing thing prevents the workflow from re-enrolling the contact.  I tried adding in delays, I tried alternate lists to make them keep switching but now I'm at a loss.

Below is a screenshot.  I changed the delay to be just 1 minute to test it out.

workflow.JPG

0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @HanMan ous outlined in this knowledge article there are a few things to note about how the reenrollment criteria work:

1. The contact must meet the starting conditions at the time they meet the reenrollment criteria in order for them to be reenrolled in the workflow. If they meet the reenrollment criteria but no longer meet the starting conditions, the contact will not be reenrolled.

2. If you select more than one reenrollment criterion, then each of those criteria can trigger enrollment independently; the contact does not need to meet all of the reenrollment criteria in order to be reenrolled.

E.g. Looking at the example in the screenshot below, if a contact has already been enrolled in and completed the workflow, and they submit on the Contact Us form again, they will be reenrolled in the workflow as long as they meet the starting criteria at the time they perform those reenrollment actions.

refresh-change-reenrollment.gif

By default, once you've chosen to allow contacts to be reenrolled, contacts are automatically eligible to be reenrolled manually. Contacts who are manually enrolled in workflows do not have to meet the starting conditions to be enrolled. There is no way to turn this off.

4. Contacts cannot be enrolled in a workflow more than once at a time, so if a contact is already active in a workflow when they meet the reenrollment criteria, they will not be reenrolled again.

5. Contacts cannot be reenrolled based on company or deal property criteria.

6. When a contact is reenrolled, they will always start the workflow at the beginning. They will complete all actions and receive any automated emails again.

I'd advise crosschecking your workflow set up with the settings above - let me know if you're still stuck!

0 Avaliação positiva
HanMan
Solução
Membro

resolver

Roisin,

It seems that the issue lies with the following:

And there is some timing thing with HubSpot that loops are not always "on time" so I can get the process to work for several iterations but if/when there is an intermittent delay then the contact doesn't re-enroll.

I've made a modified workflow that uses the Last Contacted HubSpot contact property to do a rolling date for when its been x+ days long.

tangiblee
Participante

resolver

@HanMan

Could you share a screenshot of the modified workflow? 

We're having a similar issue, and I'm not sure I understand how you applied your workaround, which sounds like a great solution! 

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
HanMan
Membro

resolver

repeating_workflow.JPG

The workflow is the exact same as the screenshot above but the list name is changed to what is shown here.

The "magic" is by looking at a rolling time period as defined by the list (shown in this screen shot).  In this case, we're trying to remind internal owners of high-value contacts they haven't reached out to in over 6 months.

HubSpot has a Last contacted property that tracks "sales emails" (when the BCC is added), calls, or meetings (doesn't include marketing emails).  We're using that contact property for this workflow, you may need to create your own if this or a similar one doesn't work.

The only way this repeats, however, is if our internal owner actually emails the contact.  Thankfully we monitor who is on this list on a quarterly basis (3 currently) and can "force" folks to send the brief touch-base email which will get the contact off the list until it's been another 6 months.

Hope this helps, 

Steve

roisinkirby

resolver

Thank you for sharing this workaround!

0 Avaliação positiva