Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Billseng
Colaborador(a)

How can I have a manual decision point in a HubSpot workflow?

resolver

Hi-

My company sells helicopter parts both online (WooCommerce) and over the phone/email. Since some parts can be pricy, it's not unusual for a customer to add a bunch of stuff to a cart in WooCommerce, and then (eventually) contact us trying to get a quote for what's in their cart. 

Of course, others are not looking for a quote - they've simply abandoned their carts.

So, with that in mind, I'm trying to create an abandoned cart workflow that will need to have a member of sales to be alerted when there is an abandoned cart. Once alerted, I need sales to be able to click one of two buttons - one being "This is for a Quote", the other being "This is Not a Quote".

For those that are quotes, I want to remove them from the workflow, and not immediately re-enroll them. For those that are not quotes, I want the flow to continue and deliver a series of up to three emails reminding them of what's in their cart.

I can't figure out how to do the human element. Does anyone have some details on HOW to do this? We do NOT want to send abandoned cart emails to those who want a quote.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @Billseng,

Happy to help here. I see two ways to solve this.

One would be the "Delay until event happens" action. This could be based on the change of a property value that the sales person uses to indicate that there is a quote or there isn't. It could also be based on the completion of a task created earlier in the workflow. The workflow would wait until the sales rep either updates a property value or completes a task and only then proceeds.

Another option, and I would recommend this as it's less prone to error: Simply create two workflows. At the end of your first workflow, create a task for the sales person to review the record and update a custom property. In a second workflow, enroll those records that have the value 'This is for a quote'. Records without a quote would end their journey after workflow 1. Records with a quote would complete workflow 1, be updated by sales persons and enrolled into workflow 2.

Let me know if I should provide more details about anything I mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

Billseng
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Two workflows! That didn't even occur to me - thanks for the suggestion!

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @Billseng,

Happy to help here. I see two ways to solve this.

One would be the "Delay until event happens" action. This could be based on the change of a property value that the sales person uses to indicate that there is a quote or there isn't. It could also be based on the completion of a task created earlier in the workflow. The workflow would wait until the sales rep either updates a property value or completes a task and only then proceeds.

Another option, and I would recommend this as it's less prone to error: Simply create two workflows. At the end of your first workflow, create a task for the sales person to review the record and update a custom property. In a second workflow, enroll those records that have the value 'This is for a quote'. Records without a quote would end their journey after workflow 1. Records with a quote would complete workflow 1, be updated by sales persons and enrolled into workflow 2.

Let me know if I should provide more details about anything I mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Billseng
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Two workflows! That didn't even occur to me - thanks for the suggestion!

0 Avaliação positiva