Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

PConsulting
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

How can I create a workflow that triggers whenever a new referral is added to a company?

I would like to make a workflow that triggers a webhook whenever a new referral is added to an already existing company, even if that referral already existed before. I can't quite figure out how to do this. Can someone please advise? 

Basically, if someone opens the company page and adds a new referral reference, I want to trigger this webhook.

This is what i'm trying to doThis is what i'm trying to do

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How can I create a workflow that triggers whenever a new referral is added to a company?

Hi @PConsulting,

It looks like the referral is a custom object that you've created? If you want to trigger a webhook from a workflow, you'd either create a company-based workflow or a referral-based workflow.

Both workflows would enroll the object when two properties are known: The Create date of the company and the Referral Create date (or any other property that must be known for an existing object). By checking these two create dates, you're verifying that both records exist. See for example this workflow enrollment trigger for a custom object of mine, an Agency object:

karstenkoehler_0-1625682421126.png

In that workflow, you can create the action for the webhook in the right sidebar:

karstenkoehler_1-1625682495540.png

Let me know if I got your request right!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PConsulting
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hello Karsten, I replied to your post above, if you can provide any additional assistance it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. My apologies for the double post, I did not reply directly to your post in my original response. 

0 Upvotes
PConsulting
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi there Karsten, thank you for the quick reply; unfortunately this doesn't appear to work, as it does not actually trigger the workflow.

I set up the workflow as you suggested, and created a new referral associated with the company. However, this did not trigger the workflow.  If I have done something wrong here, please let me know. 

Please advise if you have any suggestions. I'm frankly a a little bit surprised that hubspot doesn't just have a 'new association added' workflow trigger.

brave_f6qSEMMpQD.png

XH1t37Zp34.gif

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PConsulting,

I double checked, while you'd think that Object create date/time behaves the same way as Create date, apparently it doesn't, my mistake. Can you change the company property trigger to Create date and use a different property for your Referral object that must be known if it exists? I'd try the Object ID, for example.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes