Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SSANDERS
Participant

High Priority! New Hire Surveys 5, 30 and 60 day touch points via email.

SOLVE

Hello, Community! 

I'm stumped and could use some help! I have the following request.

An email campaign that surveys leaders of new team members 5, 30 and 60 days out from the new hires start date. 

My original thought was that (maybe) I could upload a list with the leaders name, team members name, and the start date. Using the start date I could setup a workflow to send the emails out based on the hire date. 

I'm not entirely sure if that's possible but after further thinking today, I'm challenged with the fact that a single leader could have multiple new hires at a time. How could I associate multiple team members with a single leader so that the emails could be customized to mention a single team member at a time? 

I also had the idea of creating a form where the leader fills out the information for their new hires with the start date (same concept) but without the lift from marketing support to upload lists of new hires manually but I'm still stumped with the same concern. How can I put these values in custom fields so that I can insert them into an email so the the leader has visibility on what team member they're answering the survey questions for. 

I may be over complicating this! 😁

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

First off, you would need to associate the new hires to the team lead. This can be done offline via excel sheet and then importing the list of new hires with a column titled something like Team Lead and then adding the name of the team lead as the value under that column for every new hire.

Or, you can do this via workflow within HubSpot by creating a workflow with the list of new hires as the enrollment criteria and using the Set property value action step with the Team Lead contact property and set it to whomever is being assigned to that particular group (See below).

Screenshot 2020-09-29 074239.png

Make sure to have your automation email ready to go for your next workflow. It should be pretty easy to set up and depending on the information you need within the email, all you would need to use is personalization tokens (see below).

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075045.png

After assigning each new hire to their Team Lead, another workflow needs to be created with a Send internal marketing email action step that sends out the new hire emails to Team Leader John that hold the new hire's information (see below the example).

• NOTE: When selecting an internal marketing email, you need to set the email address of the team lead in the Send email to field so the email is populated with the new hire information but sends to the team lead:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075202.png

Workflow:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075244.png

Hopefully this provides a little more clarity.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Alex_
Top Contributor

SOLVE

It seems to me there are a couple of different ways to go about this:

• Create a dropdown contact property with the team lead's names as the values
    • You'd have to associate each new team member with their specific team lead
  • Create one list and have the list criteria be each team lead using the is any of filter
  • Create a workflow with the list set as the enrollment criteria
  • Use If/then branch action steps to filter by team lead
  • Use the Delay action steps for those check-in emails for the 5, 30, 60 day check
  • Add the automation emails after each delay step

OR

• Instead of creating one list with each team lead as the list criteria, build out separate lists per team lead as the list criteria and add those lists to your workflow as the enrollment criteria using the OR filter

Unless I've misunderstood your question, either of these options should work. There might be other ways to go about this, but these options are the first to come to mind.

SSANDERS
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply! I'm still unsure how I could populate the emails to include the name of the team member. Let's say Leader John has 5 new hires starting at the same time, I would need 5 emails delivered to John for each of his new hires and include the new hires name in each of the emails so he know's who he is taking a survey about. 

0 Upvotes
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

First off, you would need to associate the new hires to the team lead. This can be done offline via excel sheet and then importing the list of new hires with a column titled something like Team Lead and then adding the name of the team lead as the value under that column for every new hire.

Or, you can do this via workflow within HubSpot by creating a workflow with the list of new hires as the enrollment criteria and using the Set property value action step with the Team Lead contact property and set it to whomever is being assigned to that particular group (See below).

Screenshot 2020-09-29 074239.png

Make sure to have your automation email ready to go for your next workflow. It should be pretty easy to set up and depending on the information you need within the email, all you would need to use is personalization tokens (see below).

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075045.png

After assigning each new hire to their Team Lead, another workflow needs to be created with a Send internal marketing email action step that sends out the new hire emails to Team Leader John that hold the new hire's information (see below the example).

• NOTE: When selecting an internal marketing email, you need to set the email address of the team lead in the Send email to field so the email is populated with the new hire information but sends to the team lead:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075202.png

Workflow:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 075244.png

Hopefully this provides a little more clarity.

0 Upvotes
SSANDERS
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Alex! I'm going to try this out today. I appreciate your support on this.

0 Upvotes