Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

jmatlow
Participant

Help! My "Today" workflow is not working

SOLVE

I've created a Company property called "Today"

I've created a workflow that is supposed to set the Today date every morning at 3:15am.

I've allowed re-enrollment.

Technically, it should be auto-enrolling every company every day and changing the date in the Today property.

It's not working.

When I run the workflow, it appropriately sets the Today date.  But companies aren't being re-enrolled.

What have I done wrong?!4. Company - Add Today’s Date.png

0 Upvotes
4 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow,

The main reason why your company is not re-enrolling is very likely because it's not triggering the workflow criteria again after completing the workflow. While a company is enrolled, HubSpot is not checking the enrollment criteria, and a company can only be enrolled once at the same time. You've set the delay after the date stamp, meaning that a company will leave the workflow with the Today property having been updated a few hours ago, not re-triggering the workflow.

Or in other words: Your company leaves the workflow and the workflow, who's supposed to enroll, doesn't see any changes that would trigger re-enrollment in that moment. It's all happened a while ago already.

Generally, this workflow structure runs on the assumption that HubSpot sets the date property value quick enough and pushes the record out of the workflow and hopefully is faster than the re-enrollment criteria to do it all again. All of the workflow proposals that I've seen which are not scheduled workflows (Operations Hub Professional) run into this issue, unless you work with two workflows.

There is one example for a two-workflow-solution here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-create-a-Today-s-date-date-property/m-p/745775/highlight...

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow 

I'm with @karstenkoehler on this one, I think the final "delay until" is likely the culprit.

Workflows run from top (enrolment) to bottom (final step) and delays are normally used after enrolment triggers or before/after if-then branches.

On a more general note, why are you setting today's date every day at company level? What is the ultimate goal here?

Cheers

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

0 Upvotes
GRajput
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow,

As per your discription, This can achievable in HubSpot operation package.For this we can simply create the automation on Company based by selecting Schedule option.

Here is the screenshot for your reference:image (10).png

GRajput_1-1676025826339.png

If you find it helpful.Please mark it as solution to help other community members!

Thanks!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

jmatlow
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you everybody. Y'all helped me realize that the solution was easier than I thought (I don't need a 2-step process and I don't need to add Operations Hub). 

I had the delay at the bottom of the workflow. Wrong place for it. 
I moved the delay to right after the enrollment properties.  

boom! It works perfectly now. 
Companies/contacts get enrolled. The next morning the Today field is populated which re-enrolls them and delays the workflow u til the next day. 

5 Replies 5
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jmatlow,

There's an app called Tick Tock Today that would make this much easier! Rather than having to constantly rerun the same workflow to set the today's date property, this app creates one for you. It updates the property every day (according to your time zone):

TTT Demo.png

You can check it out on the HubSpot Marketplace here. I'd also be happy to hop on a call with you to answer any questions you have! Just out of curiosity, what are you using the today's date property for?

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
jmatlow
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you everybody. Y'all helped me realize that the solution was easier than I thought (I don't need a 2-step process and I don't need to add Operations Hub). 

I had the delay at the bottom of the workflow. Wrong place for it. 
I moved the delay to right after the enrollment properties.  

boom! It works perfectly now. 
Companies/contacts get enrolled. The next morning the Today field is populated which re-enrolls them and delays the workflow u til the next day. 

GRajput
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow,

As per your discription, This can achievable in HubSpot operation package.For this we can simply create the automation on Company based by selecting Schedule option.

Here is the screenshot for your reference:image (10).png

GRajput_1-1676025826339.png

If you find it helpful.Please mark it as solution to help other community members!

Thanks!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow,

The main reason why your company is not re-enrolling is very likely because it's not triggering the workflow criteria again after completing the workflow. While a company is enrolled, HubSpot is not checking the enrollment criteria, and a company can only be enrolled once at the same time. You've set the delay after the date stamp, meaning that a company will leave the workflow with the Today property having been updated a few hours ago, not re-triggering the workflow.

Or in other words: Your company leaves the workflow and the workflow, who's supposed to enroll, doesn't see any changes that would trigger re-enrollment in that moment. It's all happened a while ago already.

Generally, this workflow structure runs on the assumption that HubSpot sets the date property value quick enough and pushes the record out of the workflow and hopefully is faster than the re-enrollment criteria to do it all again. All of the workflow proposals that I've seen which are not scheduled workflows (Operations Hub Professional) run into this issue, unless you work with two workflows.

There is one example for a two-workflow-solution here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-create-a-Today-s-date-date-property/m-p/745775/highlight...

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @jmatlow 

I'm with @karstenkoehler on this one, I think the final "delay until" is likely the culprit.

Workflows run from top (enrolment) to bottom (final step) and delays are normally used after enrolment triggers or before/after if-then branches.

On a more general note, why are you setting today's date every day at company level? What is the ultimate goal here?

Cheers

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes