Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

BSchmitz

Have a basic question about restoring deleted contacts

Sorry if this question is common knowledge, but I can't seem to find a straight answer.

If I were to delete unsubscribed contacts and 90 days later they're added back to the system via a form or a manual import, would Hubspot still "remember" their unsubscribed status?

I've done a little testing and it seems if I try to add a previously deleted unsubscribed contact, they'll still be unsubscribed.  However, I've only tested in less than 90 days from deletion so I'm just wondering what Hubspot would do after that length of time.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jhondavid

No Hubspot didn't delete from the system.

GeorgeBThomas
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

@BSchmitz,

This is a great conversation! So, when you delete contacts, HubSpot does not actually delete them from the system.

They do, however, remove them from the list of contacts you may be charged for.

This way, marketers and sales professionals can't do what you are saying meaning just remove, read, and then blast away again in the inbox.

The good thing about this is when they come back at a later date, the HubSpot form will have a "special" added functionality telling they previously unsubscribed and get them to resubscribe to communication.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 153145.jpg

Another good thing is all the historical information you had on them will still be in your CRM.

I hope that helps!

George

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
0 Upvotes
BSchmitz

So it sounds like the length of time a contact's email was deleted for has no bearing on anything?

Thank you for the info - very helpful to hear!