Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SimoneM
Contributor

Handle more than one life cycle stage for the same contact

SOLVE

Hi!

My company sells many products, it happens that one contact is at a certain life cycle stage for one product and at another life cycle stage for another product, how can I handle this thing with Hubspot life cycle stages? Can I set more than one lifecycle stages for a single contact? Also workaround are welcome!

Thank you

Simone

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM

Each contact and company can only support one HubSpot Lifecycle at a time. 

If you want to manage progress on multiple product sales I would recommend that you use deals and their deal stages - each contact/company can have many deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, you can't have more than one Lifecycle for a contact. HubSpot's Lifecycle methodology is set and cannot be changed.

Your best bet might be to create custom fields for your different products and create workflows for each that mimics how they would move through a traditional Lifecycle. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MTurkishvili
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

We have similar issues in that we have multiple business units and the same customer can be in different lifecycle stages per business unit. Using deals is not an option because we don't want a bunch of deals created for customers who are merely leads for unit A but are already a customer for unit B. 

0 Upvotes
RukhsarKhan

SOLVE

Hey @Phil_Vallender 
I was going researching best practices for setting up lifecycle stages and lead statuses in scenarios where a company is dealing in 2 major product lines. Just wanted to understand if you would still be recommending using the deal stages and not separate Custom Lifecycle Stage properties for both the product lines?
We have use cases where deal stages might not be very helpful in knowing what stage a lead is in wrt a particular product line. For example, for targeted nurture campaigns our marketing team would require to know which contacts in hubspot are either paying customers or are already engaging with our sales reps (wrt to that specific product line) to exclude them from the campaigns. In such scenarios a simple field giving this piece of information at a contact/company-level would be more helpful and less complicated compared to having to refer the deal stages.

Thoughts on this?   

ron_kagan
Contributor

SOLVE

I understand that HubSpot's lifecycle methodology is set... this doesn't really change the fact that the optics of this can be pretty terrible. So, for instance, I was just in a meeting with my global evp of sales who had no idea that someone was a customer (he knows all our customers) -- it turns out the dude bought something from us in 2012 that was a nominal amount... with the shift toward ABM, there are shades by which someone is a customer or not. It's not so static and rigid as HS seems to make it out to be...

shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, you can't have more than one Lifecycle for a contact. HubSpot's Lifecycle methodology is set and cannot be changed.

Your best bet might be to create custom fields for your different products and create workflows for each that mimics how they would move through a traditional Lifecycle. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM

Each contact and company can only support one HubSpot Lifecycle at a time. 

If you want to manage progress on multiple product sales I would recommend that you use deals and their deal stages - each contact/company can have many deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes