Handle more than one life cycle stage for the same contact

SOLVE
SimoneM
Contributor

Hi!

My company sells many products, it happens that one contact is at a certain life cycle stage for one product and at another life cycle stage for another product, how can I handle this thing with Hubspot life cycle stages? Can I set more than one lifecycle stages for a single contact? Also workaround are welcome!

Thank you

Simone

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @SimoneM

Each contact and company can only support one HubSpot Lifecycle at a time. 

If you want to manage progress on multiple product sales I would recommend that you use deals and their deal stages - each contact/company can have many deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

Unfortunately, you can't have more than one Lifecycle for a contact. HubSpot's Lifecycle methodology is set and cannot be changed.

Your best bet might be to create custom fields for your different products and create workflows for each that mimics how they would move through a traditional Lifecycle. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @SimoneM

Each contact and company can only support one HubSpot Lifecycle at a time. 

If you want to manage progress on multiple product sales I would recommend that you use deals and their deal stages - each contact/company can have many deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

Unfortunately, you can't have more than one Lifecycle for a contact. HubSpot's Lifecycle methodology is set and cannot be changed.

Your best bet might be to create custom fields for your different products and create workflows for each that mimics how they would move through a traditional Lifecycle. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ron_kagan
Contributor

I understand that HubSpot's lifecycle methodology is set... this doesn't really change the fact that the optics of this can be pretty terrible. So, for instance, I was just in a meeting with my global evp of sales who had no idea that someone was a customer (he knows all our customers) -- it turns out the dude bought something from us in 2012 that was a nominal amount... with the shift toward ABM, there are shades by which someone is a customer or not. It's not so static and rigid as HS seems to make it out to be...