Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

HOW TO: Do workflow action on first weekday after date property

So, came across this funny but somewhat annoying limitation in Hubspot's workflow. The use case was as follows: I was building an onboarding sequence for an outsourcing company. Part of the onboarding was to send their newly employed professionals an email explaining how to register their hours worked. I wanted to send this email on the first Friday after the start date of their current contract, as stored in a Contact date property.

First, I figured I could use a date-based workflow that triggers off the Start Date, then waits for the first Friday and sends the email. But nope, the 'Delay until day of the week' action is only available in regular workflows, not date-based ones.

Then I thought, I'll use a regular one that triggers off of Start Date = known, then waits until the next Friday and sends the email. But nope again, because the Start Date can become known up to two months in advance of the actual date. In those cases, it would send that email way ahead of time.

So, I got cracking and came up with a crazy workaround that *should* allow you to build something like this. I recorded a video that details the whole thing: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/ku159jz23NM4P7jDRZrS2k?

The gist of it is:

• You create a date property 'Today's date', then create a workflow (actually 2, see video) to automatically populate that field with the date of today every single day
  • Then you create a regular workflow where the trigger is: Today's Date is after Start Date (or whatever your date field is). The first action is Delay until Day of the Week, and then send the email

While fun to build, it's a bit cumbersome this wasn't supported more easily.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

HOW TO: Do workflow action on first weekday after date property

Hi @Bob2245 

I can understand how this could be useful for you to also have the functionnality in date-based workflow so I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

However, thank you for sharing your workaround!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes