Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Angelamr
Participant

Group forms by name in workflows

SOLVE

Hello!

In our company, we have different types of forms. around 25 of them are sales-ready actions.

I would love to know if there's any way to group those forms in a workflow without selecting them one by one. For example, selecting all forms containing the word "product". There's any way to do it?

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey Angelamr,

So there's not a way to do this in Workflows.  If all forms are getting the same content, you could make an active list of "Sales forms" and have a long series of OR statements on that form:

Contact submitted Form 1

OR

Contact submitted Form @2

OR

etc.

Then in the workflow you just use the criteria of "User is member of %Forms List%."

Would that work?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey all,

Given that my last response was about 4 years ago I've since just been using "Recent Conversion" which contains "form name". 

This makes this a bit more evergreen meaning as long as I have a common naming convention to my forms, the workflow works for reconversion and first conversion events.  Some teams choose to add something like "#sales" to the forms as they might make 1 form for a conference and attending 30-50 conferences a year gives room for error but the "Recent Conversion" contains helps solve for 99% of these cases.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey all,

Given that my last response was about 4 years ago I've since just been using "Recent Conversion" which contains "form name". 

This makes this a bit more evergreen meaning as long as I have a common naming convention to my forms, the workflow works for reconversion and first conversion events.  Some teams choose to add something like "#sales" to the forms as they might make 1 form for a conference and attending 30-50 conferences a year gives room for error but the "Recent Conversion" contains helps solve for 99% of these cases.

realvnc
Participant

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender I like your idea but how do you deal with resubmissions of the form?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Angelamr 

An alternative approach would be to create a custom property and add it as a hidden field to your sales-ready forms - then enrol anyone with that property set into your workflows. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Angelamr
Participant

SOLVE

Sounds interesting, but to do that I need to add the custom field to all the forms right? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Angelamr 

Yes, you would need to do that. I favour this sort of approach as it is more explicit, and easier for others to intepret than nesting lists inside workflows, in my opinion. 

Best of luck!

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Angelamr,

So there's not a way to do this in Workflows.  If all forms are getting the same content, you could make an active list of "Sales forms" and have a long series of OR statements on that form:

Contact submitted Form 1

OR

Contact submitted Form @2

OR

etc.

Then in the workflow you just use the criteria of "User is member of %Forms List%."

Would that work?

realvnc
Participant

SOLVE

The idea is good, but how will ir deal with resubmissions of the form?

0 Upvotes
V-Marketer
Participant

SOLVE

This solution is not a good solution because it requires you to add any new forms to the workflow each time and is labor intensive and leaves room for error if you miss adding a form to the workflow. We need a solution for this also.

Here's an example: Our sales team attends approximately 30 different conferences a year. We create a lead gen form for each conference so that we can effectively track which conferences we should be attending/exhibiting (high expense involved as everyone knows). We need to report on how many conference lead became a deal in the sales pipeline and how they are progressing through the pipeline stages, etc. It would be much easier to be consistent in our form naming structure for the conferences and add the contacts to a report and/or list using automation "if form name contains 'conference lead' update 'conference lead' property = true" ... or something like that.

@Phil_Vallender solution will work better for us. Still leaves some room for error but is doable.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes