Group forms by name in workflows

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

In our company, we have different types of forms. around 25 of them are sales-ready actions.

I would love to know if there's any way to group those forms in a workflow without selecting them one by one. For example, selecting all forms containing the word "product". There's any way to do it?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Advisor

Hey Angelamr,

So there's not a way to do this in Workflows.  If all forms are getting the same content, you could make an active list of "Sales forms" and have a long series of OR statements on that form:

Contact submitted Form 1

OR

Contact submitted Form @2

OR

etc.

Then in the workflow you just use the criteria of "User is member of %Forms List%."

Would that work?

4 Replies 4
Advisor

Hey Angelamr,

So there's not a way to do this in Workflows.  If all forms are getting the same content, you could make an active list of "Sales forms" and have a long series of OR statements on that form:

Contact submitted Form 1

OR

Contact submitted Form @2

OR

etc.

Then in the workflow you just use the criteria of "User is member of %Forms List%."

Would that work?

Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Angelamr 

An alternative approach would be to create a custom property and add it as a hidden field to your sales-ready forms - then enrol anyone with that property set into your workflows. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Sounds interesting, but to do that I need to add the custom field to all the forms right? 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Angelamr 

Yes, you would need to do that. I favour this sort of approach as it is more explicit, and easier for others to intepret than nesting lists inside workflows, in my opinion. 

Best of luck!

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies