Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Puneet

Google contacts and HubSpot sync

SOLVE

How do I sync data between Google contacts and HubSpot? We keep adding new contacts everyday - manual entry in both places is going to create issues for sure.

1 Accepted solution
arodwin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion. I did find this Zap which claims to import from Google contacts to HubSpot. I haven't tried it out but I assume they wouldn't publish it if it didn't work.

Regards,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
George1

SOLVE

I'm asking myself if I need an external (eg Google) contacts and why I would need it.

may I ask why you feel it helps you?

0 Upvotes
talktotrey
Contributor

SOLVE

Good Question, 

You keep all contacts in Google Contacts for easier integration with all other products.  

For example, your phone.  (I have an android phone.  Android was developed by Google)

Overall, more businesses are going to work with the Google API than any other I can think of.  Therefore, if you ever need to integrate your contacts with any other tool (which you will), it is best to have your contacts in the platform with the most developers working with it. 

Can you see the value of having the worlds leading contact database?

- Trey 

mcpaha
Contributor

SOLVE

This Google Contact <-> HS sync is must have feature. Also it would be create to sync HS contacts (only which are owned) with label f.e. Hubspot.

Zap do not work because there is only zaps for new contacts. I'd like to sync existing contacts also... I am very surprised that this is not a feature of HS.

In pipedrive this is PD feature and works well!!

rcampbell
Participant

SOLVE

How in the world is syncing contacts to either Office 365 or Google not already native??

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @rcampbell 

I just left the same comment in another thread but will include here also, it is not native but I believe it's helpful

You can sync your CRM with Google Contacts through PieSync, who recently joined the HubSpot family. A full explanation of how to do so can be found here. We’re working closely with our PieSync team members to make it even easier for you to connect your systems, so keep an eye out for more exciting features!

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
arodwin
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Puneet,

We don't support that natively.  I checked with a Product Expert, and he was not aware of any integrations that would support that.

Best regards,

Andrew Rodwin

0 Upvotes
m1022
Participant

SOLVE

Arodwin, 

Are you saying something like Zapier wouldn't sync contacts between Google and Hubspot? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
arodwin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion. I did find this Zap which claims to import from Google contacts to HubSpot. I haven't tried it out but I assume they wouldn't publish it if it didn't work.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Upvotes
talktotrey
Contributor

SOLVE

Andrew, 

Overall, HubSpot CRM/SalesPro is a decent product.

But this is one of the "deal-killers" for many I talk to.  

The Zap works (sort-of).  The challenge is that HubSpot over-writes data (like the address) based on HubSpot's "master database" (?). 

So even if I am sitting with the customer in their office while entering the Address of the Company (where we are currently),  HubSpot over-writes the facts I have written into the CRM w/ their incorrect opinion.

I can tell you personally, It makes for an unimpressive demo.  

0 Upvotes
markkofman
Top Contributor

SOLVE

"The Zap works (sort-of).  The challenge is that HubSpot over-writes data (like the address) based on HubSpot's "master database" (?). 

So even if I am sitting with the customer in their office while entering the Address of the Company (where we are currently),  HubSpot over-writes the facts I have written into the CRM w/ their incorrect opinion.

I can tell you personally, It makes for an unimpressive demo."

You can also use an Import2 Wizard solution to google contacts sync. In a default configuration, it will only populate empty fields in HubSpot (or Google Contacts) to avoid overwriting of existing data in your CRM. And overall is much easier to set up. 

0 Upvotes
Puneet

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply.

0 Upvotes
arodwin
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Puneet,

We don'ts upport that natively.  I checked with a Product Expert, and he was not aware of any integrations that would support that.

Best regards,

Andrew Rodwin

0 Upvotes