Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

vking

Global Search of Contact Properties

SOLVE

Is there a way to conduct a "global search" on a specific term? For example, we will be using the Contacts feature, which includes a database we can filter. However, I found that if I search for a particular term (i.e. 'Columbia'), it limits the results to the 'Company Name' property, rather than the keyword. So, if I wanted to find alumni who either attended Columbia University, or is currently working at Columbia University, I would have to do multiple searches. This kind of search is very limiting and does not show expanded results.

Is there a way to search all of the data at once, rather than by specific characteristics?

1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @vking

Currently, there is an idea posted on our Ideas Exchange, located here, where a discussion around improving the search capabilities is being discussed. I encourage you to reach out there as well to mention your specific requests for the search function. 

At this current time, this is the capabilities of our search functions but your feedback is appreciated and please either comment on the current idea or post your own idea to hit on your topic. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @vking

Currently, there is an idea posted on our Ideas Exchange, located here, where a discussion around improving the search capabilities is being discussed. I encourage you to reach out there as well to mention your specific requests for the search function. 

At this current time, this is the capabilities of our search functions but your feedback is appreciated and please either comment on the current idea or post your own idea to hit on your topic. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes