Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

jbailey

Form Submission Date per Contact or Date Contact Joined a Certain List

SOLVE

I would like to know the date in which each person in a particular list was added. Specifically, for lists that are created when a person fills out a form. 

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jbailey

HubSpot doesn't create those properties by default. It only offers:

• Create date
  • First conversion date
  • Recent conversion date

If you want to save the date when a contact complete a specific form, I think you will have to use a workflow to copy the recent conversion date to a custom property assocaited with that form. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
jbotelho
Contributor

SOLVE

I agree with others on this thread. The proposed solution works if you have a few forms but we have hundreds of forms so the solution isn't scaleable. This is what I don't understand - I can create a list based on form submission date. So obviously this data exists. It makes no sense that I can't "see" that date as a data element on the list. I'm continually amazed at some of the basic functionality not included in HubSpot. I follow similar threads where basic functionality has been requested yet years have gone by with no response.  This is yet another one of those requests.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jbailey

HubSpot doesn't create those properties by default. It only offers:

• Create date
  • First conversion date
  • Recent conversion date

If you want to save the date when a contact complete a specific form, I think you will have to use a workflow to copy the recent conversion date to a custom property assocaited with that form. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

Phil, three years and three months after your informative post regarding form submission dates, I am faced with a big problem. My client has a dozen forms for which they have been collecting data for several years. They want to report on form submissions. It is way too late to add a workflow at this time. Echoing other posts, it makes absolutely no sense that form submission dates are unknown. The database "knows". Maybe I'm searching without the proper magic keyword. Previously suggested was "Data added to List", but this is dependent on list creation, does not address historical data. Any updates to share?

Sophie_Messieux
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, it works when you have 3 forms but when you have more than 60, it becomes a real gas plant. I do not understand how Hubspot can not have this data (knowing that it is necessarily stored somewhere since submission dates appear in the activity thread on the contact card). Even recent starts up offers it (Plezi to quote them)

TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

And old thread but your question remains totally valid. As a long-term software developer, I've built plenty of data collection forms. Incoming data is ALWAYS tagged with date and time, if only for debugging and audit trails. This week I inherited a dozen list with no submissin dates to be found. We did try "Date added to List", but this is dependent on list creation date or other workflows.