Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

rsantiago
Membro

Foreign characters when uploading a list in HubSpot.

resolver

Hi everyone, 

I am a new HubSpot user and I am having issues in uploading my list. 

I have a list that consists of Korean characters and when i uploaded it in HubSpot, the the property "First Name" (Which was in Korean characters), the value only showed "??????". 

Is there a way for HubSpot to automatically translate the foreign characters into English? If yes, how do we do that? If no, what would you suggest for me everytime i will import a list with a foreign character?

Hoping for your inputs! 

Thank you! 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
roisinkirby
Solução
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Thanks for following up @rsantiago. Excel can be a little tricky when it comes to downloading CSV. files with special charactes. This help article guides you step by step on how to format and save your excel document to preserve these characters: How to include special characters in your import file

Second to this, I'd reccommend using Google Sheets for documents such as these - they tend to be more successful for imports of this kind!

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @rsantiago could you confirm if you are using a csv. file from Excel or Google Sheets in this case?

0 Avaliação positiva
rsantiago
Membro

resolver

Hi Roisinkirby,

I am using a CSV (Comma Delimited) excel sheet.

0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby
Solução

resolver

Thanks for following up @rsantiago. Excel can be a little tricky when it comes to downloading CSV. files with special charactes. This help article guides you step by step on how to format and save your excel document to preserve these characters: How to include special characters in your import file

Second to this, I'd reccommend using Google Sheets for documents such as these - they tend to be more successful for imports of this kind!

0 Avaliação positiva
OlaCarlander
Participante

resolver

Hi, that link only takes us to a page where it states that I need utf-8 files for IMPORT. How can I get Unicode characters at EXPORT from Hubspot? 

Thanks, 

0 Avaliação positiva