Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

leoalmeida
Participant

Filtering Deals/Contacts by engagement.

SOLVE

Hi!
Is there a way to filter Deals/Contacts with more engagement (emails opened), so I can prioritise the ones to call?
Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @leoalmeida, thanks for reaching out!

There are a few ways in which you could filter your contacts by their engagements (it isn't possible to do this for Deals, as you can't email through Deals yet):

• The "Recents Sales Email" contact properties:
    • “Recent Sales Email Clicked Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact clicked on a sales email.
    • “Recent Sales Email Opened Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact opened a sales email
    • “Recent Sales Email Replied Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact replied to a sales email.

You can create views based on these properties in order to filter contacts by their recent engagements. i.e., "Recent Sales Email Open Date" is after 12/1/16:

Contacts.png

"Emails Opened" and "Emails Clicked" are other useful properties. Again, you can create views based on the, i.e. "Emails Opened" contains "2", which will pull in all contacts who have opened 2 of your emails.

I hope this helps; please let me know if you have any question on the above!

May

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @leoalmeida, thanks for reaching out!

There are a few ways in which you could filter your contacts by their engagements (it isn't possible to do this for Deals, as you can't email through Deals yet):

• The "Recents Sales Email" contact properties:
    • “Recent Sales Email Clicked Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact clicked on a sales email.
    • “Recent Sales Email Opened Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact opened a sales email
    • “Recent Sales Email Replied Date” shows you the date of the last time that contact replied to a sales email.

You can create views based on these properties in order to filter contacts by their recent engagements. i.e., "Recent Sales Email Open Date" is after 12/1/16:

Contacts.png

"Emails Opened" and "Emails Clicked" are other useful properties. Again, you can create views based on the, i.e. "Emails Opened" contains "2", which will pull in all contacts who have opened 2 of your emails.

I hope this helps; please let me know if you have any question on the above!

May

leoalmeida
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for such a detailed answer, @MayPascaud!

I couldn't see, thought, the filter based on the quantity of email's open ("Emails Opened" contains "2" as you suggested), but just comparing dates (Equal to certain date, before certain date...) . Am I missing something? For now "Recent Sales Email Opened Date = is know" is helping me. However would be perfect to have a counter and list them in descending order, so I could easily see the most potentially engaged ones and prioritise my sales followups.

Does that make sense?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @leoalmeida,

So sorry, that is my fault - the "Emails Opened" property actually pertains to Marketing emails (with our Marketing product, you are able to send one email to a large amount of people at once, and these emails have a different type of tracking). 

Therefore, it would be best for you to use the "Recent Sales Email Open/Click/Reply" property to segment your customers. Again, I'm sorry for misleading you, and I hope that this is still helpful!

May

0 Upvotes
leoalmeida
Participant

SOLVE

No worries, @MayPascaud thanks for clarifying.

However that's not exactly what I needed, ideally having some sort of counter to sort out how engaged each prospect is (i.e.: Someone opened your email 5 times, give them a call * noooow*). But thanks for your help anyway!

Merry Xmas!

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@leoalmeida that completely makes sense, and it might be worth a post on our Ideas forum to let our developers know about your use case. Thanks for your response, and happy new year 🙂

0 Upvotes