Filter view delay in refresh when you change contact properties

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

When you're looking at filtered contacts, selecting and editing their properties, HubSpot does refresh but it takes 20-30 s. This is particularly annoying where you are selecting some of the contacts and changing their properties on the fly, but they remain in view.

Worse, if you select ALL contacts and subsequently change the filter variables, the contacts disappear from view but remain selected, so you are led to believe it is the new contacts selected when it is not.

The only way around this is to rebuild the filter from scratch each time.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Advisor

You could save your filter and add it as a favorite. Then you could just swap to all contacts and back to your filter easily and it should push a refresh each time.  

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, appreciate the response...but if the property is different every time this won't help.

Do you know if this delay is deliberate and what the motive behind it might be?

The response from support was:

"Unfortunately, you are going to have to go back from scratch for the filter to accurately show the contacts after you've made the bulk edits. I am not familiar with the exact reasons that our product team has chosen not to make this change a priority, however I have spoken with members of our product team and they are aware that the functionality is not great and that users desire a change. That said, I am not a on our product team so I am not clear on the exact roadblocks as to why this change is difficult to make."

0 Upvotes
Advisor

I don't think it's deliberate just a side effect of the platform. The only way I know to force a refresh is by saving a list or filter.

I know when it comes to workflows the amount of actions they can process in a second is capped so maybe some similar logic where your big lists can only process so fast.

I wonder if you'd see a faster return trying to do smaller chunks. If so that would point towards the list/filter size being the cause. 

0 Upvotes