Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Bob2245
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Filter criteria: clicked email on rolling/dynamic date

Basically what's also asked in this thread 3 years ago... How do I filter clicks on an email link by dynamic date (i.e. within the last X days)?

I need to set up a workflow that applies a date stamp every time someone clicks a specific link in a specific email. But since that's not a valid re-enrollment criteria (makes sense), I figured I'd make a list that has the criterium: contact clicked link in the last 1 day. With list membership as the enrollment criteria, if the person clicks twice on one day, nothing will happen, but if they click again a few months later, the workflow triggers again. Problem solved.

Only I can't seem to filter the link click by a dynamic date (only a static one). Anyone have an idea how to get the result I'm after?

0 いいね!
3件の返信
Bob2245

Hi Brendan,

Unfortunately not, as this checks any marketing email clicked. I need my workflow to trigger only when a specific button in a specific email is clicked.

For context, I'm setting up a GDPR re-enrollment campaign. We store the date someone gave their permission last. This campaign is fired when the date in that field is 11 months ago. Sends an email saying "Do you still want to be in the system?" with a button. Click on the button triggers a workflow that updates the date to date of step. Should be easy enough, but the way it's set up now, it'll only execute the first time that email is sent.

I guess an alternative is to set the button as a CTA instead of a regular button. Because then I can create a list that checks if the CTA has been clicked in the last day (CTA's do have that option apparently):

Bob2245_0-1629880199886.png

The downside of CTA's is they render as a low quality image in most email clients... But I think this is the best solution for now.

bsheen
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

Hi @Bob2245,

Got it! I agree, filtering on the CTA makes sense to me as well for this use case.

Best,
Brendan

bsheen
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

Hi @Bob2245,

Thanks for reaching out!

Testing this in my account, it does seem we have the access to the "Updated in Last" criteria for the Marketing Emails Clicked property.

Would this be a solution? Have an active list of contacts that have had their Marketing Email Clicked property updated in the past x number of days?

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.27.57 PM.png

Best,

Brendan