Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

aalvarado
Colaborador

Filter by "opened an email that is not the weekly newsletter"

resolver

I'm creating a workflow that I want to be triggered if a person opens any email that is not one of our weekly newsletters. Suggestions on how to do this?

Given:

• All of the weekly newsletters have an internal email name that begins with TWP-
  • All contacts get the weekly newsletter (every Tuesday)
  • All contacts are in one email type

2 Soluciones aceptadas
coreysmith
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Gold

resolver

Unfortunately, the only options for emails in lists and workflows are based on specific email sends and there is no wildcard option. The easiest option is to create a list filtered by people who received a particular email and check that. You would just have to add additional criteria to that list each time you send a new email. Not super complicated. 

So, in short.

1. Create a list that filters people based on the emails they receive

2. Add emails as you get them set up to that filtering

3. Set up your notification workflow.

The problem, of course, could be that you might still see notifications from people that are also opening others.

Outside of removing your regular emails from Hubspot and using something like Mailchimp for those, there may not be a perfect solution.

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
KatieSchieder
Solución
Colaborador | Partner
Colaborador | Partner

resolver

I believe it's possible that you could do this by creating an additional email category. So for example you could segment by people who have not opened a "Marketing" email. Or you can send all people in your weekly email into a campaign and tell the workflow that it should only engage with people who have openned emails outside of that campaign. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
jorisbrabants1
Participante

resolver

How far do you get with adding an if/then branch after sending an email through a workflow and there using email conditions to move them towards the workflow? 

0 Me gusta
aalvarado
Colaborador

resolver

We scrapped the plan.  We considered setting up a new subscription type just for the newsletter but that complicated things in another areas. We consided the suggestions of creating a workflow and adding all of the emails that were not the newsletter to it as a trigger but decided against it since out aim is automating more.

Now we do have workflows that use email conditions for specific groups of nurturing emails and those are working well.  Hope this helps.

0 Me gusta
KatieSchieder
Solución
Colaborador | Partner
Colaborador | Partner

resolver

I believe it's possible that you could do this by creating an additional email category. So for example you could segment by people who have not opened a "Marketing" email. Or you can send all people in your weekly email into a campaign and tell the workflow that it should only engage with people who have openned emails outside of that campaign. 

0 Me gusta
coreysmith
Solución

resolver

Unfortunately, the only options for emails in lists and workflows are based on specific email sends and there is no wildcard option. The easiest option is to create a list filtered by people who received a particular email and check that. You would just have to add additional criteria to that list each time you send a new email. Not super complicated. 

So, in short.

1. Create a list that filters people based on the emails they receive

2. Add emails as you get them set up to that filtering

3. Set up your notification workflow.

The problem, of course, could be that you might still see notifications from people that are also opening others.

Outside of removing your regular emails from Hubspot and using something like Mailchimp for those, there may not be a perfect solution.

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
0 Me gusta