Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KellyYaker
Participant

Factoring for Multiple Leads from Same Company in Lead Rotation Workflows

SOLVE

I've been working on refining our lead rotation automation in a workflow and I've been able to troubleshoot some issues that have come up, however, one problem I can't find a solution to is when two or more people from the same company become leads around the same time.

The workflow automatically rotates the leads as it should, but then we end up with two different sales people with leads to the same company, which could be problematic.

Is there an action I can add to the workflow to have HS check to see if a company already exists and, if it does, then assign that new lead to whoever is the company owner?

Thanks!

-Kelly

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there an action I can add to the workflow to have HS check to see if a company already exists and, if it does, then assign that new lead to whoever is the company owner??

Short A: No. Use the HubSpot setting instead.

- see How can I sync ownership between contacts and companies?

Longer A:

Hey @KellyYaker, you'll want to be very careful with this HubSpot setting and be 1000% certain you understand all the ramifications of changing it before doing so.

Note: setting this switch on is NOT retroactive.

That being said, it sounds like you want to ...

-1- Introduce a 3-5 minute delay into your workflow before lead assignment (best practice).

-2- Then test if contact owner 'is known' which it will be once the above referenced switch is activated (AND the associated company has an owner).

-3- If NO, then assign the contact as usual ...

The new company owner will be sync'ed to match the 1st contact.

All subsequent contacts will be sync'ed to match that company going forward. We've seen this take a varying amount of seconds. Hence, the NEED for the delay in our workflows.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there an action I can add to the workflow to have HS check to see if a company already exists and, if it does, then assign that new lead to whoever is the company owner??

Short A: No. Use the HubSpot setting instead.

- see How can I sync ownership between contacts and companies?

Longer A:

Hey @KellyYaker, you'll want to be very careful with this HubSpot setting and be 1000% certain you understand all the ramifications of changing it before doing so.

Note: setting this switch on is NOT retroactive.

That being said, it sounds like you want to ...

-1- Introduce a 3-5 minute delay into your workflow before lead assignment (best practice).

-2- Then test if contact owner 'is known' which it will be once the above referenced switch is activated (AND the associated company has an owner).

-3- If NO, then assign the contact as usual ...

The new company owner will be sync'ed to match the 1st contact.

All subsequent contacts will be sync'ed to match that company going forward. We've seen this take a varying amount of seconds. Hence, the NEED for the delay in our workflows.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com