Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

andrewf
メンバー

Exporting Contacts for Appending in Excel/CSV

解決

Hi,

I am a newbie to HubSpot and looking to send our first marketing email.  Is it possible to export all of my contacts into a spreadsheet or do I have to do it 1 page at a time.  (We have approx 1,200 contacts)

We have some data accuracy issues in HubSpot related to lead status and I want double-checke that I'm not reaching out to existing customers or folks that are actively engaged with our sales team.  I'd like to export all my data (only about 1,200 contacts) into excel/csv, manually append the lead status field and then upload the data back into HubSpot.  Eventually, we'd like to automate this by integrating lead status with SFDC, however, that isn't an option for now.  

Thanks in advance for the help.  I did look at the Contact user guide, but it didn't seem to have much on exporting.        

-Andrew

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
JessieG
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey, Andrew

The best way to export all of the contacts in your portal is to create a list that will pull all contacts in, and then export that list. I recommend you create a smart list and create a Contact Property field filter for "Email" is known. This will pull all contacts in, since you must have an email address to be a marketing contact. Save the list and wait until it's done processing. Then, you can select "export" in the top right corner of the list 🙂

See this HubSpot knowledge base article for more details https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-export-contacts-from-hubspot

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
10件の返信
PJAP
参加者

解決

I am also new to Hubspot.

I have been having difficulty exporting as well, since none of the options that the knowledge base suggests are actually in my views where I am told they are. Additionally there is zero customer support for trial integrations (not a big vote of confidence for me to bring on my 14 person team).

I did find this for a global export:

Contacts

Left hand nav under Options

export (select include all properties)

This appears to have exported all related columns for all of my 5,500+ Contacts.

0 いいね!
Pablo
参加者

解決

Hi Andrew,

if you go in Contact > List > Then the list that you want to export.

You should be able to export your contacts that are on the list, there is a button on the top right.

If not, ask the admin of your HubSpot platform to give you the right to export.

When you upload you can set the lifecycle stage as lead or opportunity which will make it easier for you to segment your database.

Pablo.

0 いいね!
andrewf
メンバー

解決

Pablo,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I should have been more specific.  I can export, but I only have the option to "Export All in View", which is limited to 100 contacts.  At 1,200+ contacts, it is possible to do this 13 times and stitch the list back together.  However, it seems like there must be a way to export all in 1 batch as 100 per batch will quickly become cumberson as our database grows.

-Andrew

0 いいね!
JessieG
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey, Andrew

The best way to export all of the contacts in your portal is to create a list that will pull all contacts in, and then export that list. I recommend you create a smart list and create a Contact Property field filter for "Email" is known. This will pull all contacts in, since you must have an email address to be a marketing contact. Save the list and wait until it's done processing. Then, you can select "export" in the top right corner of the list 🙂

See this HubSpot knowledge base article for more details https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-export-contacts-from-hubspot

0 いいね!
TomBlubaugh
参加者

解決

I have no problem in exporting to Excel, however, regardless of the number of contacts I export, I end up with a huge file--4 mb--with over a million empty cells, which crashes my email server.

I know how to shrink the Excel file, but it is tedious to have to do this for every export. I've talked with Microsoft and they tell me the problem is with the Hubspot download.

Is there a way to solve this?

JessieG
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey, Tom. I haven't heard of this issue occurring before. Are you exporting from a smart list, or another location within the portal? If you could please specify each step you go through to export, I'll be able to take a closer look. What is your HubID? 

TomBlubaugh
参加者

解決

JessieG, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I am clueless as to what has happened, but the problem disappeared. I didn't do anything different, that I am aware of, but it cleared up. Internet spook?

0 いいね!
ernopyykko
トップ投稿者

解決

Yet another newbie here. Same issue, trying to form a picture of which fields are used and this empty cell being recognised as a filled cell in excel is not helping. 

0 いいね!
TomBlubaugh
参加者

解決

Contacts > Add filter > Apply filter > Options > Export all in view

It doesn't matter what size the list is. I download up to 20 k contacts.

0 いいね!
andrewf
メンバー

解決

Awesome Jessie, that worked.  Thank you so much!

0 いいね!