Export Contact profiles in bulk as PDF

haligali

Is there a way to export filtered Contacts as pages in multi page PDF? This would be very useful to share contacts with people outside of our company (ex. share candidate profiles with recruiting commission).

Any workaround?

Printing profiles as PDF, by using browser, from their profile page (all properties) does not work for me either. It prints just the first page containing About fields.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @haligali. There isn't any functionality that will allow you to accomplish the specific task you're asking. You have the ability to create lists of contacts, then export them with whatever contact properties you like.

From that point, you could save the exported .csv as PDF. However, there is no in-app option to take everything that lives on a contact record, and print as PDF. You'll be able to export the raw data representing that contact, but not an output of the contact record itself. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
bradmin
Key Advisor

If you're looking for a non-native solution, it looks like there are a lot of Chrome extensions which will print pages to PDF, with varying configurations. I haven't tried any of those, so caveat emptor. 

0 Upvotes
haligali

I have tried before, but it doesn't work. The profile page (show all properties) is made flexible with some show/hide content, with hidden overflow so it doesn't seems to play well with printing. 

I may understand why not to make bulk export in PDF of profile pages (it makes servers work). But why not code properly the HTML in a way to be printable by browsers? It's just CSS, web standards ...

0 Upvotes
haligali

Sorry, but this is not solution.

Printing raw data in PDF is not same as printing the page formatted for reading by humans. How can you print only one raw from spreadsheet, how can you separate each contact on separate page, how can you format in bold field names? How can you do this automatically for hundreds of contacts?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

I was telling you what's possible, not what you're asking about. It's as close as you can get in-app. 

If the extensions' shortcomings involve "just CSS", sounds like you'll be able to develop a Chrome extension that suits your needs. 

0 Upvotes
haligali

Thank you, maybe I will, if I ever find time for that. It's just one CSS property, which is coded inline in HTML. Maybe there are some browser compatibility issues when calculating the wrapper height with the viewport height value. I'm using latest Chrome on latest OSX on an MBP. 

Like in this page 

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/012345/contact/67890/properties

<div style="height: calc(100vh - 82px);" class="overflow-auto LayoutBaseContentWrapper UIColumn-spreads" data-scroll-target="true">

For me this trick worked:

<div style="height: calc(100% - 82px);height: calc(100vh - 82px);" class="overflow-auto LayoutBaseContentWrapper UIColumn-spreads" data-scroll-target="true">

With the % height attribute, when I try to print the page - it prints in all it's length!

Certainly, this way the page becomes printable, but it's not yet perfect. Hiding few UI elements like input fields, headers and checkboxes just for @media print would make this very useful.

This is potential result (only CSS tweaking): Property Editor Page.PDF