Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Jonnydk
Stratege/Strategin

Existing Leads and Contacts in Salesforce - Workflow help

Hi, I am looking for help with a WF to help me deal with and exisiting lead or contact in Salesforce, who has submitted a form in HubSpot. Does anyone have tips on how I should setup my WF or WFs to accomodate this? Ideally I would like to notify the contact owner and reset field values in the case of a disqualified lead. The image below is a WF for a lead. I am still working on a contact exists WF. Goal is to notify sales (sometimes the contact owner is the salesperson :(). Any insights welcomed for both processes. RapNet - SF - Lead Exists Form Submission - Internal Notifications.png

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
Ben_M
Autorität

I've done this a bunch in the past, and I can tell you there are a lot of complexities that go into this type of mapping.  At a high level contacts can be identified via a similar method to what you are using for leads where you look for the Salesforce Contact ID instead of the Lead ID.  Most Automation platforms syncing to Salesforce typically stores both and when the sync with Salesforce takes place, SF recognizes if there is a Contact ID and that will supercede the Lead ID.

Before going forward with a full solution, I have a concern with one item in your post where you say "sometimes the contact owner is the Sales person".  This is an action item I would call out in your attempt because if you cannot be sure that the rep will get the email then the email is not serving its purpose and could lead to a Contact not being followed up with.  In cases like this if that data is unreliable in the MAP, I would avoid the internal emailing from the MAP and opt for a Salesforce Queue to pull leads who have recently submitted a form.  This would typically require you setting a datestamp and a status field so they can eventually be moved out of the queue by Sales, but if you are more confident in the data Salesforce have this would have lower drop off, but it would mean that Sales would just have to check their dashboard as opposed to their inbox.

Jonnydk
Stratege/Strategin

@Ben_M thank you for taking the time to help me. I have a few questions:

1. I think the enroll trigger which I am using is wrong becuase its based on a list membership. Should I rather use form submissions, and add all the relevant forms? The reason I cant use list membership, is because a contact is "re-added" to a list, i think. Once a contact is in a list, they are in a list.

2. I agree with you regarding internal emails. I prefer setting up a queue in Salesforce. The question is how do I do this? I dont see the option in the HubSpot WF.

3. "Creating a datestamp and status field" - can you provide me with more information please. Our leads have statuses, but where do I set the function of adding these leads to a queue? Please keep in mind that if a lead is disqualified this solution would work. If a lead is open, I would need to alert the salesperson and not add the lead to another queue since they are working on the lead.

0 Upvotes