Exclude specific contacts (e.g. employees) from registering data/usage?SOLVE
Jun 14, 2017 2:43 PM
I think there is a way to indicate contacts who you don't want to count as page views, get notified when on site, in metrics, etc. For example, someone in our own company.
Where can I find that setting?
Thank you for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Jun 15, 2017 1:53 PM
You're right that there's a way to do this -- and luckily it's pretty easy to do.
- In the Marketing side of the software, just go up to the "Reports" tab and click on "Reports Settings."
- Then, scroll down to the "Exclude traffic from these IP addresses" section.
- Enter in all IP addresses from which you want to exclude traffic. This should include the IP address for your company, the IP addresses of any vendors who might be visiting your site, etc.
- If you don't know your IP address, you can ask your IT team or go to ipchicken.com
- In the case of vendors, etc., you would most likely need to just ask them for their address. If you want to be a bit stealthy about it, you could also potentially find this by looking at form submission details.
- Click "Save" to save the IP address
HubSpot will then filter out traffic from that IP address moving forward. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to have HubSpot retroactively filter out IP addresses.