Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Robb
Participante

Exclude specific contacts (e.g. employees) from registering data/usage?

resolver

I think there is a way to indicate contacts who you don't want to count as page views, get notified when on site, in metrics, etc. For example, someone in our own company.

Where can I find that setting?

Thank you for your help!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
tms0003
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi Robb,

You're right that there's a way to do this -- and luckily it's pretty easy to do. 

• In the Marketing side of the software, just go up to the "Reports" tab and click on "Reports Settings."
  • Then, scroll down to the "Exclude traffic from these IP addresses" section.
  • Enter in all IP addresses from which you want to exclude traffic. This should include the IP address for your company, the IP addresses of any vendors who might be visiting your site, etc.
    • If you don't know your IP address, you can ask your IT team or go to ipchicken.com
    • In the case of vendors, etc., you would most likely need to just ask them for their address. If you want to be a bit stealthy about it, you could also potentially find this by looking at form submission details.
  • Click "Save" to save the IP address

HubSpot will then filter out traffic from that IP address moving forward. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to have HubSpot retroactively filter out IP addresses.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

12 Respuestas 12
tms0003
Solución

resolver

Hi Robb,

You're right that there's a way to do this -- and luckily it's pretty easy to do. 

• In the Marketing side of the software, just go up to the "Reports" tab and click on "Reports Settings."
  • Then, scroll down to the "Exclude traffic from these IP addresses" section.
  • Enter in all IP addresses from which you want to exclude traffic. This should include the IP address for your company, the IP addresses of any vendors who might be visiting your site, etc.
    • If you don't know your IP address, you can ask your IT team or go to ipchicken.com
    • In the case of vendors, etc., you would most likely need to just ask them for their address. If you want to be a bit stealthy about it, you could also potentially find this by looking at form submission details.
  • Click "Save" to save the IP address

HubSpot will then filter out traffic from that IP address moving forward. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to have HubSpot retroactively filter out IP addresses.

GarthMJ
Participante

resolver

I'm looking for the exact thing too. 

Two things:

1. There is no report tab for those on the starter package
  2. Secondly, it would be really nice to be able to flag a user as don't track via thier profile. Particularly in the Returning Contact dashboard report. 
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @GarthMJ  IP filtering is not available for Marketing Starter or Marketing Free. You'll have to search your web platform to see if they can filter IPs. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Me gusta
GarthMJ
Participante

resolver

Don’t get me wrong @edjusten , I hear exactly what you are saying and I completely understand the point about start/free.

IMO IP filtering is a bad idea, particularly when many companies have road warriors or PPOE (DHCP) for their network connections. This would mean that you are continually updating the list of IP address to filter by.

However, IMO it would be a simply filter out employees from the list. For that matter you (Hubspot {HS}) is already kind a doing it now. Thing about it.

When someone connects to a website( www.enhansoft.com) you review the HS ID and tag it for enhansoft. You are also looking at the website cookie and seeing the User ID listed within the cookie, which you are assigning all web pages that the users look at to that user id. Since you are doing the latter, it would make sense that when you look up the HS user details that you ask for an Employee flag, If the flag existing,  don't recording the details of that page view. Which in turn means that the usage data will not show any userid which has been flagged as an employee.

For that matter, any user which has company's domain name, “Enhansoft.com” in my case, can automatically be flagged as an employee when the user is added to the HS CRM system.

Just to close this off, there is an IMO simple fix to this. Which I have described above.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

All valid points. It's beyond my technical knowledge to know if this is possible; this might be a good thread for the Ideas Forum or our developers forum at integrate.hubspot.com

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Me gusta
jgentes
Participante

resolver

Related: Is there a different way to avoid form captures from these contacts or IP addresses? I've got our corporate IP listed as excluded, but we still receive form submission notifications.

0 Me gusta
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi. @jgentes  Filtering only applies to the form submission total, you will still see submissions and receeive notifications. Find out more here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Me gusta
jgentes
Participante

resolver

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the quick response!

Is there a way to use javascript to disable an individual form programmatically? I have the script injected into every page, but don't want to track every form submission.

0 Me gusta
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @jgentes There is not a way to do that as far as I know. I've certainly yet to hear of this as a use case scenario. Can you expand a bit on why you would want that to happen?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Me gusta
jgentes
Participante

resolver

Sure, the competitive solutions to messaging are things like Drift and Intercom, which Hubspot can do as well by simply activating the messaging window within an application (rather than just on the external website).

It also makes sense to do this since the event tracking features require the code to be running in your app, and the only way to monitor retention metrics is through their activity within your app.

So leveraging the messaging feature that's already essentially running in the app seems like a reasonable thing to do as a support feature for customers. The trick is that you really want to 'show' the chat feature when someone clicks a help icon, rather than having it always visible, although that's also an option (which we're doing now).

GarthMJ
Participante

resolver

Feel free to move this post there, or this section of the thread here.

0 Me gusta
Robb
Participante

resolver

Perfect. Thank you!

0 Me gusta