Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Matthieu
Participant

Event registration workflow - managing rsvp

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a Breakfast event. I have used Eventbrite in the past for private events but don't want to use it with the company I am working with for branding purposes.

Now I am hitting a rock here
1) How do I manage RSVP cancellations?
2) How do I manage the number of seats available? 

Regarding question 2, I honestly have no clue at the moment. Is there even a way to do this? Or do I have to do it manually?

Regarding Q1, I currently have
- A landing page where potential attendees are going to register
- A confirmation email sent right after

I was thinking of adding a "cancellation" CTA in this 'registration confirmation" email so they can later click on it to cancel. Now, I'm not sure how to trigger a notification email - I would receive in my inbox - from this CTA.

Can anyone help me with this?
Any other suggestions to handle this?

Thanks in advance

Matthieu

1 Accepted solution
Matthieu
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @BrettLanguirand

Thank you very much for your help and these cristal clear tips

I agree with you on option 2.

I really like your tips for managing the number of seats and it sounds like a good way to do it. I know Hubspot is not an event managing system, hence the partnership with Eventbrite, but that make it so much easier if it offered an option to automatically manage this.

Thanks again for your input,

All the best,

Matthieu

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Matthieu,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question!

There are two ideas that come to mind to accomplish your ultimate goal of letting you know when someone cancels: 

1. You could use a workflow to enroll contacts who click the Cancellation CTA and then set the workflow to send an internal email to yourself containing personalization tokens of the the contacts.  

2. You could have the Cancellation CTA lead to a cancellation landing page that the contact must fill out a cancellation form on.  Adding yourself to the form submission notification emails would allow you to know who filled out the cancellation form.

I personally think option 2 is the better option for a couple reasons.  If a contact accidentally clicks the cancellation CTA, it would still require them to fill out the form to officially cancel, preventing unintentional cancellations. Additionally, you could create a smart list of contacts who have registered, but have not filled out the cancellation form.  

There isn't a way to manage seats in Hubspot, so you would have to manually make some changes to stop form submissions from coming in.  The easiest way to do this would be to update the registration page to let contacts know that registration is closed.  You can also set an expiration date and time on the landing page, as explained here.  

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Brett

heatherclark
Participant

SOLVE

To Hubspot Employee, 

Based on the original question, is there a way we can remove someone from a registration list without removing them from the system. We can manage contacts from other lists just not a registration form. 

For example, from inside the list you can highlight one contact and choose from the menu.  Add to list  -   Enroll in Workflow  -  delete

When you choose delete, you are only given this option: 

Are you sure you want to delete the selected 1 contacts? All of their data and historic activity will be lost. Learn more about deleting contacts.
Yes, I want to permanently delete these contacts from my database.
I need an additional choice - No, I want to delete from this list only. 

Is this possible?
Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
Matthieu
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @BrettLanguirand

Thank you very much for your help and these cristal clear tips

I agree with you on option 2.

I really like your tips for managing the number of seats and it sounds like a good way to do it. I know Hubspot is not an event managing system, hence the partnership with Eventbrite, but that make it so much easier if it offered an option to automatically manage this.

Thanks again for your input,

All the best,

Matthieu

0 Upvotes