Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

johnhenry
Colaborador

Event Invitation Workflow

resolver

Hi all,

We are looking to invite some clients to a Corporate Lunch Event later in the year. I am looking to:

Send Invitiation (Which Links to a form submission)

Send Follow Up Invitiation ( If no response/no form submission)

Send Reminder Email to those Attending/ Send Apologies Email to those not attending.

I was weighing up whether to do this as a workflow or sequence and am leaning towards workflow, due to the way you can centre it around a date. I just am not sure because I do not want these email's to be Marketing Emails, as some have not opted in to do so.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to map this out?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

You're welcome, @johnhenry.

Unfortunately, unlike HubSpot marketing emails, I don't think it's possible to send one-to-one emails from one email address and have replies go to another email address.

One workaround for this limitation is to include a Please Reply To john@john.com mailto link in your email.
- see code

mailto:john@john.com

It's a little clunky, but very effective in reducing the number of replies in your inbox.

- see Send and reply to one-to-one emails

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

At first glance, your use case seems pretty straight forward. However, there are a couple non-trivial items to consider.

- All clients may not be eligible to receive marketing emails. (as you pointed out)
This is particularly important for GDPR use cases. If marketing emails aren't an option, workflows won't help us communicate with them.

- Contacts will automatically be unenrolled from sequences based on REPLIES. This means, if a contact replies (for any reason) and still doesn't register they'll never receive a follow-up. If this is true, and it is, sequences won't help us communicate with them.

Depending on the scale, maybe consider using a combination of the following:

- Marketing emails with invitations and follow-ups managed via workflows for all eligible clients.

- Sales sequences with task reminders for those who are unenrolled, but failed to register for your event.

In all cases, this will require a fair amount of work to both setup and manage in HubSpot. Forgetting any of these items will leave gaps in either invitations, invitation reminders, registrations, attendance tracking, registration reminders, post-event thank you follow-up, or some combination of the above.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
johnhenry
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks Frank,

I agree with those considerations which makes this one a bit tricky.

As it's quite a small event, I think I may lean towards a sequence option in this instance, as we can register participants manually by their response. Then if they haven't replied we can send the follow up email.

In terms of the sequences, is it possible to send an email from steve@john.com but have the replies go john@john.com, similar to marketing emails? This will be helpful due to having to send the invitations as a director.

I think it will best to keep this one simple.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

You're welcome, @johnhenry.

Unfortunately, unlike HubSpot marketing emails, I don't think it's possible to send one-to-one emails from one email address and have replies go to another email address.

One workaround for this limitation is to include a Please Reply To john@john.com mailto link in your email.
- see code

mailto:john@john.com

It's a little clunky, but very effective in reducing the number of replies in your inbox.

- see Send and reply to one-to-one emails

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
johnhenry
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks Frank, I think that will be suitable as a solution.

I appreciate your input. Cheers