Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JaimeB
Participant

Evaluating Lead Scores

SOLVE

How can I evaluate how my lead scoring is going?  Is there a report that I can pull that will tell me what contact are in different stages of the scoring process?  I'm really just trying to get an overview of how my new scoring is going.

Thank you 😃

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MAC-MCB
Solution
Participant | Diamond Partner

Evaluating Lead Scores

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeB .

I have been working with lead scoring for more than 10 years and I have to be honest with you to say ..
There is no golden rule.

The most important thing is that you keep evaluating your potential hot leads, and be consistent in reviewing 10 people each month.

...And then take a good look at your business.

What knowledge (here I think without a lead score) would YOU consider before you made the important call to a potential customer?

When these frames are set up, it is, as before, an ongoing process where you trim and look at the metrix you recieve from marketing emails etc. 🙂

Hope this helps. 

Best regards
Martin
mcb.dk

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95

View solution in original post

AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Evaluating Lead Scores

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeB 

I suggest you export all the data with the column "lead score" and then analyze it to decide how your scoring rules are performing and whether somethings need to be updated. 

You can look for trends around the following: 

1. See the value of Lead score against " became an opportunity date"

2. See the number of leads that became an MQL based on " scoring" and what % became SQLs or were rejected by sales

3. Deep dive into your sales rejected MQLs and look at their scoring patterns ( you might have to look into individual leads so understand the full picture). This will really give you an idea about how scoring affects sales
4. Look at the MQLs that have a high MQL to opp conversion rate. What is the scoring trend for those? Maybe you can increase scoring for a few things that these MQLs interacted with. 

Next is to ask your sales reps. What lead sources are they most happy about. What are the scoring applied to those lead sources? Is it consistent with your findings from the above analysis? Be careful when you do this analysis now because some trends could be temporary effects of COVID. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.04.59 AM.png

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Evaluating Lead Scores

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeB 

I suggest you export all the data with the column "lead score" and then analyze it to decide how your scoring rules are performing and whether somethings need to be updated. 

You can look for trends around the following: 

1. See the value of Lead score against " became an opportunity date"

2. See the number of leads that became an MQL based on " scoring" and what % became SQLs or were rejected by sales

3. Deep dive into your sales rejected MQLs and look at their scoring patterns ( you might have to look into individual leads so understand the full picture). This will really give you an idea about how scoring affects sales
4. Look at the MQLs that have a high MQL to opp conversion rate. What is the scoring trend for those? Maybe you can increase scoring for a few things that these MQLs interacted with. 

Next is to ask your sales reps. What lead sources are they most happy about. What are the scoring applied to those lead sources? Is it consistent with your findings from the above analysis? Be careful when you do this analysis now because some trends could be temporary effects of COVID. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.04.59 AM.png

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
MAC-MCB
Solution

Evaluating Lead Scores

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeB .

I have been working with lead scoring for more than 10 years and I have to be honest with you to say ..
There is no golden rule.

The most important thing is that you keep evaluating your potential hot leads, and be consistent in reviewing 10 people each month.

...And then take a good look at your business.

What knowledge (here I think without a lead score) would YOU consider before you made the important call to a potential customer?

When these frames are set up, it is, as before, an ongoing process where you trim and look at the metrix you recieve from marketing emails etc. 🙂

Hope this helps. 

Best regards
Martin
mcb.dk

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95