Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RoselineKp

Email 'to' field failing

SOLVE

My automated email workflow is pulling the email twice for contacts who put their email as their first name. How can I adjust my workflow to fix this error? 

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 9.46.43 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email 'to' field failing

SOLVE

Hi @RoselineKp,

@RoselineKp wrote:

My automated email workflow is pulling the email twice for contacts who put their email as their first name.

What makes you come to this conclusion? The error message states something differently: The email addresses failed validation.

Can you explain what you're referring to when you say 'pulling the email twice'?

From looking at the error message, I would say that the email addresses are simply not valid, e.g. janedoe@gmailcom, janedoe @gmail.com, janedoe@gmailco. Have you reviewed the email addresses of these four contacts?

I haven't seen this error message before and instead of referring to the Email field, it's referring to a To field. If the To field is a custom property, it would not have the regular Email field validation to check whether an email is generally valid (see the examples above). In that case, an email send would technically not be possible. Is that the case?

If you could answer my questions above, that'll bring us closer to a solution.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email 'to' field failing

SOLVE

Hi @RoselineKp,

@RoselineKp wrote:

My automated email workflow is pulling the email twice for contacts who put their email as their first name.

What makes you come to this conclusion? The error message states something differently: The email addresses failed validation.

Can you explain what you're referring to when you say 'pulling the email twice'?

From looking at the error message, I would say that the email addresses are simply not valid, e.g. janedoe@gmailcom, janedoe @gmail.com, janedoe@gmailco. Have you reviewed the email addresses of these four contacts?

I haven't seen this error message before and instead of referring to the Email field, it's referring to a To field. If the To field is a custom property, it would not have the regular Email field validation to check whether an email is generally valid (see the examples above). In that case, an email send would technically not be possible. Is that the case?

If you could answer my questions above, that'll bring us closer to a solution.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RoselineKp

Email 'to' field failing

SOLVE

Hello, 

The issue has been resolved. Thank you

0 Upvotes