Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

Email send error in my workflow

SOLVE

Hello,

So i previously launched couple workflows that will send emails to customers if they meet certain criterias.

The worflow is working great, emails are being sent accordingly. However, i was going throught the worflow history, and i realized that for some customers, the workflow is returning an error "Unable to compose email, template may be missing" when the flow reaches the send email action. 

How often this is happening ?
1 in 10 customers are getting this error, and email will not be sent.

I would appreciate your help on this,
Regards,
Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I see, can you confirm the emails were present at the time of the send?  You can check the timestamp in the workflow history and the email on the record by hovering over the "Email" field on their record and clicking "Details".

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, i just checked, but it seems when a contact email address is created same time as workflow triggers, this issue is happening. So i just added no the condition "email is known" in the enrollment trigger, and i guess this should solve it in the future.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

I see, can you confirm the emails were present at the time of the send?  You can check the timestamp in the workflow history and the email on the record by hovering over the "Email" field on their record and clicking "Details".

0 Upvotes
ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @Bryantworks ,

It is misleading indeed. I just checked and emails are available, as it is a mandatory field on my product.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @ChrisChiha,

I recently had this error too and turns out the contact it tried to send to didn't have an email address.  It's a little bit of a misleading error message but seemed to be the cause.  Can you ensure all contacts have emails?

0 Upvotes