Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

Email marketing "not sended" segmentation

SOLVE

Hi! Do you know any way to create a list who contains the criteria: "email marketing xxx was never sended to this contact"

This option would be useful to detect contacts who have not received this email. 

Thanks!

**update** I´m interested to create active lists. 

**update** "email marketing xxx was never sended to this contact"

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RicardoCampos,

Just as easy! In an active list, select the filter type "Marketing emails", find the one you're looking for, and select "Contact was sent email".

Since we can't select "Contact was not sent email", you'd have to create a second list and filter for "List memberships", find your first list and select "Contact is not member of list". This list would now include all contacts but the ones who have been sent the email.

If you're looking for contacts who have never been sent an email, you would look under "Contact properties", find "Marketing emails delivered" and set it to "is equal to 0".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RicardoCampos,

You can find those "not sent" contacts for each email! Navigate to the emails tool, find and click on the email that you want to analyze and select the tab "Recipients" and "Not sent" in the sidebar (as in the screenshot below). You'll see a list of contacts which you can create a list from or export.

not-sent.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! But this list it wouldn´t be an active list to use in WF...

Maybe I should move this post as an idea.

Regards!!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RicardoCampos,

Contacts under "not sent" were dropped automatically from your email send, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/analyze-your-marketing-email-campaign-performance#not-sent HubSpot will automatically exclude these contacts when sending emails because of a previous hard bounce, opt-out or marked spam.

If you're still looking for an active list, you could filter for bounce reasons. I've explained how you can build such a list in another post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Deliverability/How-do-I-find-emails-that-have-unsubscribed/m-...

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Sorry, I think I´m not made myself understood well... 😞

I need a segment with "contacts who have never been sent a specific email"

I never sent "x email" to "y contact", but now I need a list that includes all the "y contacts" and sending it (once sended, this contacts will dissapear from this list) They never received that email. No because bouncing reasons. 

Hope better now 🙂

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RicardoCampos,

Just as easy! In an active list, select the filter type "Marketing emails", find the one you're looking for, and select "Contact was sent email".

Since we can't select "Contact was not sent email", you'd have to create a second list and filter for "List memberships", find your first list and select "Contact is not member of list". This list would now include all contacts but the ones who have been sent the email.

If you're looking for contacts who have never been sent an email, you would look under "Contact properties", find "Marketing emails delivered" and set it to "is equal to 0".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Nice! Thanks so much. 

When you say Since we can't select "Contact was not sent email" do you mean that in the past it was possible?

Thanks, this is the solution! 🙂

0 Upvotes