Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SStrachan
Participante

Email Subscriptions with Filter Criteria Similar to AutoTrader.com or any major Real Estate Website

I'm looking for some guidance on what would be best practice or the best way to setup more advanced email subscription and workflows similar to AutoTrader.com or any major Real Estate/Marketplace styled websites.

A basic example would be I choose a Car year and a Car maker, Enter my email and I receive a weekly email of any new Cars that match my critera.

We already have Custom Objects setup with our properties and we can build manual send emails with the data. Now we want to automate based on the filters a contact has subscribed to.

Where should the filter results be stored? 

Would it be a single property stored on the contact record? 

Then how do we pass that query into a programmable email?

3 Respuestas 3
SStrachan
Participante

Email Subscriptions with Filter Criteria Similar to AutoTrader.com or any major Real Estate Website

The purpose of this is to trigger various automated emails. For example, (a single record notification) if a user is interested in one specific car, and a user has subscribed to get an email if the price is reduced for that one car, a change in price in the Car Custom Object would trigger to send the email. Another example, (multiple record notification) if a user is looking for a car built between a certain year range and they subscribed to receive a weekly email that lists all newly entered cars that match that criteria the email would show all the cars.

Car Custom Object - This will store all of the specific details of Car type. The properties would be... 

• Maker (Ford) - list of car makers we sell
  • Model (2-door hatchback) - any text
  • Year Built (1994) - year car was built
  • Price (10,000) - any price
  • Photo (https://any-image-url.com) - a URL of a photo

Notification Custom Object - This will store all of the specific details of a Notification type. The properties would be... 

• Email (john@doe.com) 
  • Status (subscribed) - could be subscribed or not_subscribed
  • From Year Built (1990) - could be any year 1990 for example
  • To Year Built (1994)  - could be any year 1994 for example
  • From Price (6,000) - any price
  • To Price (7,000) - any price
Is it possible to query the information and output it into a programmable email and add it to a workflow? It seems like this should be done with Custom Object Associations, but currently, it seems like I can only put personalized tokens from a contact property into an email. 

Any advice on how to do this? @alex @andrus @DavidDennison @Sam62 

0 Me gusta
RJaspal
Participante

Hi @SStrachan,

In this case you can use HubDB to render the information in the email based on the preferences. Using the HubDB, you can fetch the information from a third website and render them in a  Tabular form. Further In HubDB you can call the custom object fields. Additionally, if we have to capture the different preferences we need separate fields (checkbox).

MiaSrebrnjak
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Hi @SStrachan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:  

hi @Alex_@andrus@DavidDennison@Sam62, do you have any tips for @SStrachan? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings