Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

laura_kit

Edit actions in workflow

SOLVE

Hi there,

We need to change some criteria in 2 workflows, so for example changing criteria in a branch or edit contact enrollment triggers however it seems that there is no option to do so, and the only thing I can do is either to delete a branch or add an action... Does anyone know how to do so, please?

Thank you,

Laura

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Edit actions in workflow

SOLVE

Hi @laura_kit,

This depends on the type of branch you selected.

If you selected this:

karstenkoehler_0-1710998140072.png

... then yes, correct, branch criteria cannot be changed. This is due to the branch type: This branch only allows filters that match exactly a value of a property.

karstenkoehler_3-1710998291132.png

If you selected this:

karstenkoehler_1-1710998189928.png

... then you should have full flexibility in editing criteria:

karstenkoehler_2-1710998238875.png

In other words, you might have to choose a different branch type if you're foreseeing these types of edits. Feel free to share a screenshot and I can elaborate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Hall of Famer | Elite Partner

Edit actions in workflow

SOLVE

@laura_kit I would also add that if you do need to rebuild the workflow, it's probably best to build a new workflow with the more flexible branch option @karstenkoehler suggested and turn off the old workflow when you're ready to turn the new one on.

Depending on the type of workflow and what you're trying to achieve, it could get pretty messy with enrollments if you make changes to branches for live workflows.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Edit actions in workflow

SOLVE

Hi @laura_kit,

This depends on the type of branch you selected.

If you selected this:

karstenkoehler_0-1710998140072.png

... then yes, correct, branch criteria cannot be changed. This is due to the branch type: This branch only allows filters that match exactly a value of a property.

karstenkoehler_3-1710998291132.png

If you selected this:

karstenkoehler_1-1710998189928.png

... then you should have full flexibility in editing criteria:

karstenkoehler_2-1710998238875.png

In other words, you might have to choose a different branch type if you're foreseeing these types of edits. Feel free to share a screenshot and I can elaborate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Solution

Edit actions in workflow

SOLVE

@laura_kit I would also add that if you do need to rebuild the workflow, it's probably best to build a new workflow with the more flexible branch option @karstenkoehler suggested and turn off the old workflow when you're ready to turn the new one on.

Depending on the type of workflow and what you're trying to achieve, it could get pretty messy with enrollments if you make changes to branches for live workflows.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes