Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Amy5

Earliest created contact per account

SOLVE

Is there a way to find the very first contact created per account,  and take action on it in a workflow? Like some way to look at all contacts for each account, choose the one with the earliest create date,  and update a field/property on it? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Amy5,

Unfortunately I don't think there is, at least not within HubSpot. HubSpot isn't very good at comparing records – which is an action that would be needed here.

As far as workarounds go, you could export your contacts and perform this analysis outside of HubSpot, e.g. in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Once you've trimmed down your table to the first contact from each company, you could re-import the email addresses of those contacts. After importing, you could bulk edit these contacts to be labeled as earliest contact in a custom property.

Going forward, you could log this information with a simple workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1637303188413.png

(This workflow assumes that contacts aren't being deleted or associated with other company records.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Amy5,

Unfortunately I don't think there is, at least not within HubSpot. HubSpot isn't very good at comparing records – which is an action that would be needed here.

As far as workarounds go, you could export your contacts and perform this analysis outside of HubSpot, e.g. in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Once you've trimmed down your table to the first contact from each company, you could re-import the email addresses of those contacts. After importing, you could bulk edit these contacts to be labeled as earliest contact in a custom property.

Going forward, you could log this information with a simple workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1637303188413.png

(This workflow assumes that contacts aren't being deleted or associated with other company records.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes