Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

bseaman1

Does anyone know how to turn off the secondary email feature in hubspot?

SOLVE

This is messing up our data tremendously and since there's no seamless way to separate the primary and secondary emails into two separate contacts in hubspot while also attributing the form fills, page views, etc each one did, and make sure they're being added to the right salesforce campaigns depending on which email did what, AND there's no way to pull a list of all contacts with secondary email(s), we have to work completely backwards by checking reports when the time comes and see data missing on leads/contacts in salesforce because they never synced from hubspot because of it being a secondary email. I've reached out to hubspot support and all they've told me is when I come across someone with this problem I have to manually separte the two, manually add all the workflows and details and hope it sync properly. This is not an answer. Especially since I can't even pull up a list for me to see all contacts like this - and even if I had a list, this isn't a way to properly work. Manually going through each one and hoping it syncs to the right salesforce lead/contact id and manually run them through everything again.. 

Please let me know if anyone has overcome this problem. 

Thanks,

Bonnie

2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bseaman1 

Just had a look and I can't see any way of filtering the information through the CRM...

However, the information is visible when you get the Contact Data from the API.

If that page looks like a foreign langage I will explain:

It would be possible to write code to find Contatcs with more than one email address.

Once we get the Contact with more than one email address we could add new contacts, pass properties between contacts, whatever you need really.

This is all doable but would require custom code. And, before writing a line of code it would require more information. 

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to know more.

Thanks

Mike

p.s. if you're on a paid package and you split contacts (so each has a unique email address) you will icrease your contact count which could increase your monthly subscription price.

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Also worth considering ... once secondary emails are separated (or otherwise 'turned off') ...

-- new communication from those former secondary addresses will no longer appear in the original contact's activity timeline.
-- new communication from those former secondary addresses will result in new HubSpot contacts.
-- new HubSpot contacts from former secondary addresses will not be related to the original contact.

While secondary email addresses may be a point of contention for you, the cure may be worse than the disease. May be a good idea to loop in a Salesforce person to suss out any additional challenges.
cc: @bradmin 

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Also worth considering ... once secondary emails are separated (or otherwise 'turned off') ...

-- new communication from those former secondary addresses will no longer appear in the original contact's activity timeline.
-- new communication from those former secondary addresses will result in new HubSpot contacts.
-- new HubSpot contacts from former secondary addresses will not be related to the original contact.

While secondary email addresses may be a point of contention for you, the cure may be worse than the disease. May be a good idea to loop in a Salesforce person to suss out any additional challenges.
cc: @bradmin 

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bseaman1 

Just had a look and I can't see any way of filtering the information through the CRM...

However, the information is visible when you get the Contact Data from the API.

If that page looks like a foreign langage I will explain:

It would be possible to write code to find Contatcs with more than one email address.

Once we get the Contact with more than one email address we could add new contacts, pass properties between contacts, whatever you need really.

This is all doable but would require custom code. And, before writing a line of code it would require more information. 

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to know more.

Thanks

Mike

p.s. if you're on a paid package and you split contacts (so each has a unique email address) you will icrease your contact count which could increase your monthly subscription price.