Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LNRobertson
Participant

Docusign Workflow - trigger when document is signed?

SOLVE

Setting up the Docusign envelope delivery was fairly simple in Workflows. However, I need some guidance on how to initiate another trigger in the same workflow (or a new one) for knowing when the document was signed. Is this possible? The client needs to receive a new Marketing Email with more information once we know we have the contact's signature secured in DocuSign.  I appreciate the help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
EWood
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson!

It sounds like you're using the Docusign Integration. Let me know if not! When a Docusign document is signed the status changes to Completed. You should be able to use a contact-based workflow and then set the trigger to DocuSign: Contact timeline event template has envelope equal to Completed. I tested this out and it worked as expected after signing a test docusign template sent from a deal record. The contact associated to the deal will enter the workflow once signed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.00.20 PM.png

The only thing to consider is if you plan on having documents that don't need to be signed sent through the integration. If you choose recipient receives a copy (ie - sending it without signature required) it would consider that document send completed as well. I'm not finding there is a distinct status of signed.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
LNRobertson
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I didn't have this DocuSign option until I created a new workflow. I was trying to do it all in the same one. I was beginning to think I needed to upgrade to Operations Professional package just to have the Webhooks.  I am going to test it out now. I really appreciate your help. This community is great!

0 Upvotes
EWood
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson!

It sounds like you're using the Docusign Integration. Let me know if not! When a Docusign document is signed the status changes to Completed. You should be able to use a contact-based workflow and then set the trigger to DocuSign: Contact timeline event template has envelope equal to Completed. I tested this out and it worked as expected after signing a test docusign template sent from a deal record. The contact associated to the deal will enter the workflow once signed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.00.20 PM.png

The only thing to consider is if you plan on having documents that don't need to be signed sent through the integration. If you choose recipient receives a copy (ie - sending it without signature required) it would consider that document send completed as well. I'm not finding there is a distinct status of signed.

Hope that helps!