Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LNRobertson
Participant

Docusign Workflow - trigger when document is signed?

SOLVE

Setting up the Docusign envelope delivery was fairly simple in Workflows. However, I need some guidance on how to initiate another trigger in the same workflow (or a new one) for knowing when the document was signed. Is this possible? The client needs to receive a new Marketing Email with more information once we know we have the contact's signature secured in DocuSign.  I appreciate the help!

1 Accepted solution
EWood
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson!

It sounds like you're using the Docusign Integration. Let me know if not! When a Docusign document is signed the status changes to Completed. You should be able to use a contact-based workflow and then set the trigger to DocuSign: Contact timeline event template has envelope equal to Completed. I tested this out and it worked as expected after signing a test docusign template sent from a deal record. The contact associated to the deal will enter the workflow once signed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.00.20 PM.png

The only thing to consider is if you plan on having documents that don't need to be signed sent through the integration. If you choose recipient receives a copy (ie - sending it without signature required) it would consider that document send completed as well. I'm not finding there is a distinct status of signed.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
LNRobertson
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I didn't have this DocuSign option until I created a new workflow. I was trying to do it all in the same one. I was beginning to think I needed to upgrade to Operations Professional package just to have the Webhooks.  I am going to test it out now. I really appreciate your help. This community is great!

0 Upvotes
EWood
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson!

It sounds like you're using the Docusign Integration. Let me know if not! When a Docusign document is signed the status changes to Completed. You should be able to use a contact-based workflow and then set the trigger to DocuSign: Contact timeline event template has envelope equal to Completed. I tested this out and it worked as expected after signing a test docusign template sent from a deal record. The contact associated to the deal will enter the workflow once signed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.00.20 PM.png

The only thing to consider is if you plan on having documents that don't need to be signed sent through the integration. If you choose recipient receives a copy (ie - sending it without signature required) it would consider that document send completed as well. I'm not finding there is a distinct status of signed.

Hope that helps!

iladelph19
Contributor

SOLVE

This is not a solution. HubSpot should not mark this as a "accepted solution". What is suggested works in terms of how the integration works, but it does not provide any functionality to the users of HubSpot. I'm glad to see that HubSpot has finally started working on this integration, but it is still lacking.

0 Upvotes
LaunchPad

SOLVE

This tool needs some more work. We NEED to know when a specific DOCUSIGN item has been signed. We have two documents used for each customer. An MNDA and Manufacturing Agreement. With this system it can only potentially trigger from a generic "At least one DocuSign: Contact timeline event template has Envelope status is equal to any of Complete ". This is not granular enough to really be used to trigger properly and change the status of a company. Can this be added?

iladelph19
Contributor

SOLVE

I agree with LauchPad. Currently, the contact based workflow is limited to any envelope marked as "compelte". Therefore, any envelope marked as complete with that contact will trigger that workflow... regardless of the envlope that was completed by the contact. HubSpot should allow deal-based workflows, which would at least allow us to tie a single envelope to a deal, and have workflows triggered off of meeting the criteria of the envelope being sent from within a deal. That doesn't completely solve the issue, but it at least allows us to use the integration in some way.

0 Upvotes