Document Views A Part of Lead Scoring!

New Contributor

Hello, 

I think it baffles me that Hubspot is not able to merge the document views as a part of lead scoring. 

You are already tracking everything else numerically i.e Website session, marekting emails opend, etc (That could be a long list) 

The only that isn't able to be a tracked item in lead scoring is documents viewed. 

Clients and leads that open case studies, read statistical documents, view data that are in our pipeline or database is a HUGE deal towards whethere that lead is HOT or NOT.... 

I HIGHLY suggest putting in Documents Viewed as a lead scoring item within lead scoring. 

This is a huge part of the inbound methodology. 

Best, 

4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @robmcg24

You make a sound point. The challenge, I think, is that documents (i.e. PDF files/downloads) do not contain the tracking code that allows HubSpot to capture the view and apply a measure or lead score to it. 

The way around this currently is to use custom Events, but this is a Marketing Hub Enterprise feature. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Phil, 

Thanks for sharing. 

However, Hubspot is already tracking the views. See the screenshot I have attached. (I am a PRO tier client of Hubspot)

If the views are already being tracked and measured, I think it could be a very simple fix to upload this measured field into lead scoring to be able to track. 

Open to your thoughts and feedback here Phil.

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 3.10.53 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Oh, you are referring to views of sales documents - that's different. I suggest you post the idea over in the ideas forum so that other users can vote on it if it is a feature they want to see developed. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have come across a nice workflow and a document management tool, it is called Ultra Documents. It is very simple and easy to use; you can get setup and start a workflow in minutes. Ultra Documents comes with Document Management, document merging, Workflow process, Custom Forms, Electronic signature & various applications, the nice thing is it has a free version with all features available to you. Give it a try.

0 Upvotes