Dissolving a list that has been absorbed by another

New Contributor

I consolidated a few lists. Am I able to dissolve the lists that were integrated? They're cluttering my Lists page and I would like to remove them, but don't appear to be able to...

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Top Advisor | Partner

Hi @kateparamax,

That depends on how exactly you consolidated the lists.

Let's assume that you've created an active list: list C. This lists filters for contacts who are a member of list A and B. If you were to delete list A now, list C wouldn't have that reference of list A anymore. List C would now only contain contacts of list B.

If you want to be able to delete list A and B, you would have to replicate the criteria / filters of list A and B as list criteria in list C. (These criteria would have to be combined by OR, not AND).

For static lists the process is a little bit different. If list F is a static list and you want it to include all contacts from list D and list E, you would select all contacts from list D and E and add them to list F. Since list F is not referencing list D and E, you can safely delete these two lists now.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.