Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

mbrackett
Contributeur

Disappointed that columns in Lists don't remain sticky!

Résolue

I have a list which periodically I will need to update DATE filters on but just found out today that the COLUMNS I've chosen will not remain "sticky" if I make changes and save OR if I change the name of the list. Really? It's the same list of people! I just wanted to update rather than rerun the entire list since I had made some markings on the exported file that I need to keep. So I had to make a list of the properties I used in my columns so that I can fix that each time I use this list. Kinda annoying and seems rather obvious to me...maybe I missed something?

1 Solution acceptée
Josh
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @mbrackett,

You should be able to export the contacts from the list using a filter. Above your filter criteria, you should see "Options". Click that and then choose export. It will allow you to export to CSV or XLSX. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
10 Réponses
katycwilliams
Participant

Résolue

There's a longer thread about this if you want to contribute and upvote here - there are lots of people that agree with you!!

Ben_M
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hubspot has an idea board for this type of thing to be voted on: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage

I would gladly vote this up for you because we have discussed that with our Hubspot rep as well for default columns.  For us in came up with different roles needing different data so we wanted different views and default columns based on list/role/etc.  The fact that you can't save this is frustrating to say the least.

mbrackett
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks Ben, I will check this out!

0 Votes
Josh

Résolue

Hi @mbrackett,

Would it work if instead you used a filter to view the list and update the information?

You can set your criteria to List Membership, edit which columns you want to see, and save the filter. When you save the filter as such, it maintains the columns for that saved filter.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

mbrackett
Contributeur

Résolue

Hey Josh...yes the filters worked BUT exporting the created list from the filter isn't an option. Other ideas?

0 Votes
Josh
Solution

Résolue

Hi @mbrackett,

You should be able to export the contacts from the list using a filter. Above your filter criteria, you should see "Options". Click that and then choose export. It will allow you to export to CSV or XLSX. 

Josh Curcio

0 Votes
mbrackett
Contributeur

Résolue

It did give me the columns I had set but a few were out of order...notably it insisted on putting the first and last name first SO I simply changed the excel sheet I would be adding to. No biggee! I'm already using filters in ways I hadn't thought of and list membership as an additional option, could come in handy...thanks for this tip! 

0 Votes
mbrackett
Contributeur

Résolue

OK it wasn't there BUT, when I go into the list of filters, there is an option button beside each name. Once I clicked on that, it did give me the option to Export. I have done so and will now see if it in fact gives me what I needed!

0 Votes
mbrackett
Contributeur

Résolue

Hey Josh...sorry it's taking me a while to get back to this but I will put this on my list to try tomorrow and then will respond if it works.

0 Votes
Xtinnna
Participant

Résolue

Not exactly true. Mine reset if I am ever signed off. Why can't we just save custom column sets and apply them depending on list?