Different Automation for Different Contacts

cadmium
Participant

We are setting up a new pipeline for a product that has "two sides" to the deal.  We are currently planning on having a single deal with multiple contacts. 

In testing workflow automation I am trying to understand how to send different communications to the two contacts about the deal.  But it doesn't seem possible: 

-A deal enrollment workflow seems to send to all contacts 

-A contact enrollment workflow would not have deal properties available

Am I missing something? 

Is there any thoughts on a workaround other than "create two separate deals?" (and if that is the best plan; is there a natural way of linking them? ) 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
kaious
Top Contributor

What about using a deal workflow, and then in the first step, having a branch based on contact data? 

cadmium
Participant

Thanks for the idea!

I haven't directly tested, but, the description and display suggests that it will match "all deals" where "any contact has a property".  Then when I added the "send email" action it suggested it would send to "all contacts on the deal".  

I may just run that automation in a test site to double check. 

0 Upvotes
kaious
Top Contributor

Ah, yeah - I see what you mean.

The other thing you may be able to try is making a workflow to sync each of the deal properties you need to the contacts, so that you could use them in a normal contact workflow. (I think that'd work with a deal - we use it in a few instances for company properties synced to contacts).