Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Alisdia
Participant

Difference between Create Date and Became a Lead Date?

SOLVE

Hi everyone
I can't find this information on the Academy - can anyone explain to me the difference between these two contact properties? We are trying to align which field to track leads and the two contact fields are spitting out different numbers.
Thanks
Allison

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Alisdia. There are a set of properties aligned with lifecycle stage values, datestamped when contacts hit that lifecycle stage for the first time: 

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.07.17 AM.png

These are created by HubSpot, and not modifiable. As the lifecycle stage starts off with the Subscriber value, and HubSpot form submissions default to a value further in the cycle, Lead, a majority (if not most or all) of your HubSpot contacts probably have this value at the time it's created. For these records, the Create Date and Became a lead date values will be the same. 

You should always use Create Date for "the date the record first appeared in HubSpot". You should use any of the lifecycle date properties for when those contacts were set to that lifecycle stage. While some of these values are often the same, Create Date will never have a value with a later date than one of the lifecycle date properties. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Alisdia. There are a set of properties aligned with lifecycle stage values, datestamped when contacts hit that lifecycle stage for the first time: 

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.07.17 AM.png

These are created by HubSpot, and not modifiable. As the lifecycle stage starts off with the Subscriber value, and HubSpot form submissions default to a value further in the cycle, Lead, a majority (if not most or all) of your HubSpot contacts probably have this value at the time it's created. For these records, the Create Date and Became a lead date values will be the same. 

You should always use Create Date for "the date the record first appeared in HubSpot". You should use any of the lifecycle date properties for when those contacts were set to that lifecycle stage. While some of these values are often the same, Create Date will never have a value with a later date than one of the lifecycle date properties. 

Exp

SOLVE

@bradmin do you know if Create Date is read only or can you also write to it? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Exp, create date can only be set by HubSpot or Salesforce, on records created in their system. (It is possible to create records with backloaded create dates in Salesforce with the Create Audit Fields permission, but that won't help with anything the connector's trying to do.) 

0 Upvotes
Exp

SOLVE

Thanks @bradmin ! So let me make this question more specific (as we use Zoho not Salesforce) - can Zoho sync this field in Hubspot through the API (via Bedrock Data to be precise as there's no direct integration) or is it that once the record is opened in Hubspot (when synced from Zoho) it automatically receives a date from Hubspot that cannot be changed. I am asking as we are now in the midst of the integration process and are looking to sync historical data. I want to know if I should map this field to Zoho creation date field or sync that to a new property I'll create. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I haven't really used Zoho, so it'll be tough for me to speak specifically. I don't see any reason why Zoho create date can't be imported into HubSpot, but it would be syncing the date the record was created in Zoho into HubSpot. No one - not Zoho or Salesforce or a custom integration - can set the create date on a HubSpot contact, other than HubSpot. 

If you want to datestamp a custom property, you should be able to do that with workflows, but I don't know if there's a way to prevent subsequent edits on the custom property. That's probably undesirable based on what you've described, but there aren't any good options to go on here. Custom properties can be mapped, and those values can be set however you like, but they can't be locked. 

0 Upvotes
jonnoprice
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Brad - you mention being able to datestamp a custom property using a workflow.. Can you describe how this can be done?

We're trying to copy the Became a MQL date from contact to a field on company level but cannot do so.. But a workaround would be to trigger a datestamp instead.

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jonnoprice. Once a custom company date property is created, you should be able to use it as a workflow action, copying the value from the standard contact property to the custom company property.

Is the issue that you're not seeing a custom company property to copy to in the workflow? Or that the value doesn't appear on the company after the workflow fires?

0 Upvotes
Alisdia
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes