Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JorgenDavidson
Participante

Desperately need a work-around to copy a String to Drop Down Select (Picklist)

resolver

I know that by default HubSpot will not let me copy from a string field to a drop down select field. I really need to find a work around to this issue. I know that the values are going to match up exactly so that's not an issue I just need a way to update the picklist based on the string. 

Does anybody know of a way to do this, maybe using a zapier zap or some kind of other clever 3rd party workaround. There has to be a way to do this, I just haven't figured out yet.

Thanks

1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks for the extra context. In-app, I'm not sure options exist. Since you're using the Forms API to send this to HubSpot, would you (or the developer resources responsible) be able to write some script which does the copying of values for you, into the desired property?

I'd try to approach this by passing data in the desired values and data types into HubSpot, rather than try to manipulate it in HubSpot itself. I'm not certain there's a HubSpot-side solution which will work for you. (Your Zapier idea sounds interesting, although I'm unable to test or confirm right now. Hopefully someone else in the forum with experience can add their input.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @JorgenDavidson. Can you say more about the general use case? Is it possible to change the data type of the text field to a dropdown? How many picklist values would you want to replicate this for? 

In a vacuum, if there are only a small number of values you're looking to add verbatim, that should be doable with a HubSpot workflow - set the picklist to its desired value, when the text field meets whatever the criteria is. One drawback to this approach is that the criteria would have to hardcode in text values, so if these change frequently or there are numerous picklist values to set, this won't be a practical solution as you scale. 

0 Me gusta
JorgenDavidson
Participante

resolver

Both of the fields are for country. The string field is the default one that we use and the values are passed in via Forms API in 90%+ of the cases so they're mostly very standard. I left it as a string because there are a few other places country is coming from (more the exception than  the rule) and I didn't want to run the risk of blocking any values from coming in. 

I also have a picklist field for country that I use for HubSpot landing pages and then I just copy over back to the default country field (The one that's a string). 

But I wanted to be able to copy the other direction because I've started using progressing profiling on some of my landing page forms to add additional fields so I don't want to show country if we already have the value. 

My temporary fix was to do what you said and use the hardcoded values as a solution but I only did that for about our top 10 countries where we get inquiries. Althought that covers the vast majority we really have received inquiries for probably close to every country in the world (at least 150+) so it's still a very imperfect solution. 

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks for the extra context. In-app, I'm not sure options exist. Since you're using the Forms API to send this to HubSpot, would you (or the developer resources responsible) be able to write some script which does the copying of values for you, into the desired property?

I'd try to approach this by passing data in the desired values and data types into HubSpot, rather than try to manipulate it in HubSpot itself. I'm not certain there's a HubSpot-side solution which will work for you. (Your Zapier idea sounds interesting, although I'm unable to test or confirm right now. Hopefully someone else in the forum with experience can add their input.)

ZoeTrem
Participante

resolver

same issue ! and I don't find the work around the easiest solution

0 Me gusta
CGaspercic
Participante

resolver

Depends on where you are passing it through. If passing through Segment - nope that doesn't work. I wish we could have this functionality! 

0 Me gusta
CGaspercic
Participante

resolver

I copy data from the drop down to the single line text as the single line text is capturing from platform through Segment and I use a different field with a dropdown in a form and copy that over to the single line text and the single line text is the master field. Hope that helps. 

SHAHMEERMAQSOOD
Miembro

resolver

Looking for the same answer for my compny. I am running vaccum wow content company website that hosted on word press and i want run it on multiple network.

0 Me gusta
JorgenDavidson
Participante

resolver

Yep - I think you're right about the approach. Appreciate the input

0 Me gusta