Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Scout
Participant

Deleting contacts with low email marketing engagement, but also with no other sales activity

SOLVE

Does anybody know how to remove useless contacts that have low email marketing engagement, but also have not contributed to any other activity in sales? No deals, no chat/messenger engagements, no emails to us, no calls, etc... 

How do I remove these ghosts?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deleting contacts with low email marketing engagement, but also with no other sales activity

SOLVE

Hi @Scout,

One option might be to create a list of contacts using various filters relating to engagement. See below for an example I've created a list that will pull in all contacts who have opened less than 5 marketing emails and have had no sales emails or calls logged on their record.

You can then bulk delete all contacts in that list as per this article.

I'd encourage you to check out our default contact properties to see if there are other ones that might help you to refine further.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 6.15.26 PM.png

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Kim_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Scout , 

Something we like to use is the "Unengaged contacts list". Please take a look at this resource to learn more about unengaged contacts.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Kim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Kim_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Scout , 

Something we like to use is the "Unengaged contacts list". Please take a look at this resource to learn more about unengaged contacts.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Kim

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Scout,

One option might be to create a list of contacts using various filters relating to engagement. See below for an example I've created a list that will pull in all contacts who have opened less than 5 marketing emails and have had no sales emails or calls logged on their record.

You can then bulk delete all contacts in that list as per this article.

I'd encourage you to check out our default contact properties to see if there are other ones that might help you to refine further.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 6.15.26 PM.png

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn