Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

yc73
Membre

Delete contacts using a list

Résolue

Hi there,

I have a list of email addresses of contacts that I would like to remove from my contacts. Can I upload an Excel with that list and delete all of them at once? 

I mean, can the system recognize the contacts that have these emails and delete them?

Thanks!

2 Solutions acceptées
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi, @yc73. It'll be easy to delete contacts from lists, but that requires two separate steps. There's no automated import-then-delete option. When you import a list, a static list is created. You can delete all the contacts from that list on your own, but that step is a manual one, and not automated. 

Also, you could use HubSpot workflows to add contacts to a list, in lieu of an import. If you attempt this step, make sure your workflow adds contacts to a static list, not a smart list. The latter can't have its contacts deleted, the former can. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

CORRECTION

>"The latter [a smart list] can't have its contacts deleted, the former [a static list] can."

Smart lists CAN have their contacts deleted. 

Contact deletion in HubSpot (and most CRMs) is tricky *ish. But, once deleted,the contacts no longer appear in ANY list, filter, etc.

If fact, an easy way to keep your CRM clean is to delete a group of contacts that meet specific criteria by creating a smart list and occasionally going in and deleting its contacts.

Example Smart List Criteria:

Hasn't visited any pages on example.com domain in over 3 years.

AND

Hasn't received any email in over 3 years.

AND

Has opted out of all emails.

AND

Has no calls logged in the CRM in over 3 years.

AND

Has no meetings booked in the CRM in over 3 years.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi, @yc73. It'll be easy to delete contacts from lists, but that requires two separate steps. There's no automated import-then-delete option. When you import a list, a static list is created. You can delete all the contacts from that list on your own, but that step is a manual one, and not automated. 

Also, you could use HubSpot workflows to add contacts to a list, in lieu of an import. If you attempt this step, make sure your workflow adds contacts to a static list, not a smart list. The latter can't have its contacts deleted, the former can. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

CORRECTION

>"The latter [a smart list] can't have its contacts deleted, the former [a static list] can."

Smart lists CAN have their contacts deleted. 

Contact deletion in HubSpot (and most CRMs) is tricky *ish. But, once deleted,the contacts no longer appear in ANY list, filter, etc.

If fact, an easy way to keep your CRM clean is to delete a group of contacts that meet specific criteria by creating a smart list and occasionally going in and deleting its contacts.

Example Smart List Criteria:

Hasn't visited any pages on example.com domain in over 3 years.

AND

Hasn't received any email in over 3 years.

AND

Has opted out of all emails.

AND

Has no calls logged in the CRM in over 3 years.

AND

Has no meetings booked in the CRM in over 3 years.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Votes