Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

nadadian
Participante

Delay send email action in a workflow based on actions in another workflow

resolver

Background: I'm creating an onboarding workflow for new customers who will receive an email every two weeks for 12 weeks. At the same time, the customers are added to a separate mailing list and receive a newsletter email every 3rd Thursday of the month. New customers are added to the workflow on a manual basis as they are onboarded throughout the month.

Ask:  Is there a way to delay the workflow email if it coincides too soon with the delivery of the newsletter email? (For e.g. If a workflow email is set to be sent on the 3rd Tuesday on the month based on when they were enrolled into the workflow, but the newsletter will be sent out on the 3rd Thursday - 2 day gap - is there a way to automatically delay the workflow email until X number of days has passed since an email was sent to the customer)?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is there a way to automatically delay the workflow email until X number of days has passed since an email was sent to the customer?

Short A: Sure is ...

(see image)

hubspot-workflow-delay-marketing-email-send-based-on-previous-email-send-days-ago.png

Longer A:

You'll want to set your enrollment criteria to whatever is appropriate. Then use the actions shown to delay subsequent behavior -- e.g., send additional email(s).

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is there a way to automatically delay the workflow email until X number of days has passed since an email was sent to the customer?

Short A: Sure is ...

(see image)

hubspot-workflow-delay-marketing-email-send-based-on-previous-email-send-days-ago.png

Longer A:

You'll want to set your enrollment criteria to whatever is appropriate. Then use the actions shown to delay subsequent behavior -- e.g., send additional email(s).

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
JTChal
Membro

resolver

I have a very similar question with a key difference: I want to delay my email sends based on the last SALES activity, rather than the last marketing email. I created a custom field in Salesforce called "Last Sales Activity Date" that only includes logged emails or tasks of a sales type (email, demo, meeting). This field doesn't seem to be an option when selecting the contact property in my if/then branch. I just found HubSpot's "recent sales email open date" contact property, and I'm wondering whether this only counts emails sent from the HubSpot email integration, or if any email logged to Salesforce and synced to HubSpot would count?

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

@JTChal, introducing sales activity and Salesforce are key differentiators indeed. Your question is best asked in a separate thread, or as a Salesforce-related discussion continued with @bradmin. (recommended)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
JTChal
Membro

resolver

@MFrankJohnson I'm trying to see if I can make this work with HubSpot's "Recent sales email open date." Even if I use an if/then branch to say "if emailed within the last 2 weeks, delay 7 days," after the 7 day delay, do I need to add ANOTHER if/then, or will it reevaluate if it's still been 2 weeks to execute the next email?

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 4.54.34 PM.png

For example, on the left side of this workflow, there is a 7 day delay if the contact opened a sales email in the past 2 weeks. After that 7 day delay, does it re-evaluate if it's been 2 weeks, or does it just execute the email?

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@JTChal, have you mapped Last Sales Activity Date from Salesforce to HubSpot? If it's a lead or contact field in Salesforce, you should be able to map it to HubSpot (provided the integration user can see the field in Salesforce).

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Avaliação positiva
JTChal
Membro

resolver

Wow, I actually had not. I think I assumed all the fields were mapped when I set up the integration. The field is an option now.  I wish workflow branches could reconnect, this workflow looks insane.

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Yeah, mappings are only created automatically when you use the integration's setup wizard. Net-new mappings (and changes to mapped picklists) require manual building and refreshing.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Avaliação positiva
nadadian
Participante

resolver

Great thank you for your quick response Frank! I'll definitely reach out if we need help building out more workflows. 

Appreciate it!

Diana