Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

scotriani
メンバー

Default lead owner

解決

So I am sure this is simple but I'm newer to Hubspot and just not seeing it where I think it should be...

Our Hubspot was set up by my predecessor and every person who fills out a form ends up with that name as the lead owner. Not too bad but it gets annoying having to reassign every inbound contact.

Is there somewhere that this is set as a default and I can change it to myself or our sales manager as the contact owner automatically? I looked through the workflows and forms and did not see them explicitly listed in there. I know I can add the reassignment to the workflows but I think it would be easier to just change the default. Thanks in advance!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

Default lead owner

解決

Happy to take a quick look for you @scotriani ...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
9件の返信
Rachel_S
参加者

Default lead owner

解決

I'm going through the same thing. I'm a Salesforce user and on the Salesforce end I have configured a specific SDR to be the default owner, but HubSpot keeps assigning someone else, and I'm not sure why or how. There is no automated journey assigning the lead owner. Help!

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

Default lead owner

解決

Q: Is there somewhere that leads are assigned as a default automatically??

Short A: No. HubSpot leads are 'unassigned' by default unless they're created manually.

Longer A:

If you're seeing leads 'automatically' assigned you'll need to find where that assignment is occuring in the contact.owner history. Owners can be assigned manually, via a HubSpot sync setting, via an integration (e.g., Zapier), via a workflow, or via import.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
scotriani
メンバー

Default lead owner

解決

Thanks so much for the tip - I checked the workflows and it doesn't have any explicit owner assignment:

Capture.PNG

I checked the form as well and it has an option to notify the owner but not seeing where I can assign the owner from a form submission. Maybe it defaults to the form creator?

Or maybe I am better off just saying "it's populating from parts unknown so maybe just explicitly assign it in the workflow"?

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

Default lead owner

解決

>>"it's populating from parts unknown so maybe just explicitly assign it in the workflow"?

Not recommended. Guessing like that just causes more problems than it solves, so ...

Again, please view the workflow membership for a specific CONTACT and find the correct workflow. You'll be glad you did.

Chances are, Contact Owner assignment has more to do with newly created contacts than any workflows around forms. Don't focus on which form they completed. Instead, focus on their status as a new or existing contact.

Just a thought.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
scotriani
メンバー

Default lead owner

解決

OK, looked through all of the workflows and neither one expressly add that property.

So, is there somewhere in which new contacts are automatically assigned to a user? It does seem to happen to all new contacts. Thanks in advance!

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

Default lead owner

解決

Happy to take a quick look for you @scotriani ...

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
scotriani
メンバー

Default lead owner

解決

Ahhhh! I found where it was occurring...

Salesforce connected account in the salesforce integration is where Hubspot was pulling the Contact Owner value from. My hubspot integration was still connected to my predecessor's salesforce account. Once I updated to use mine, contacts are coming in as "unassigned".

Seems glitchy that it would be doing it because of that, but now things are working as they should. Thanks a million, Frank for helping me to sniff this out!

MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

Default lead owner

解決

Excellent @scotriani ... 

In the future, be sure to mention that you're HubSpot instance is integrated with Salesforce. There are other members of the HubSpot Community with seriously powerful Salesforce kung fu and who can save you lots of time troubleshooting.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
scotriani
メンバー

Default lead owner

解決

Awesome - thanks for the tip and thanks gain for pointing me in the right direction!